Gallery of plants in my garden - mostly palms and cycads

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391798023.542474.jpg

Unidentified blue cycad. Found this at a local nursery who did not know what it was.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
ive been thinking, we could swop houses for our holidays in the summer, it would be a fair swop, you house is a palace and my house is a [inappropriate language] authentic englishmans castle

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ive been thinking, we could swop houses for our holidays in the summer, it would be a fair swop, you house is a palace and my house is a shithole authentic englishmans castle

Not sure you would appreciate Nicosia in the summer. temperatures of 40c in the shade are not uncommon! Not much rain though!

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Beautiful and truly amazing pavlosn, you're a very fortunate man to have so much beauty around you.
willie.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautiful and truly amazing pavlosn, you're a very fortunate man to have so much beauty around you.
willie.

Dear Willie

I do count myself fortunate for a number of reasons, the least of which being anything to do with any material possessions.

I have been blessed to have people round me and with me that have taught me that the important things in life do not come with price tags attached to them: the hug of caring parents, the laughter of a child, the caress of a loving wife, the shared joke of a friend.

As to beauty, I think this is all around us. It may be easier to spot in something that seems exotic and special but if we only took the time to look we would also find it in the most mundane and everyday of things. Unfortunately the pace and pressures of the life most of us live often blinds us to what is really in front of us.

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures and I thank you for your kind words!

Pavlos

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 8 people

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I think you could do your bit for the Cypriot Tourist board as I just found myself thinking...oh we go there in October...

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think you could do your bit for the Cypriot Tourist board as I just found myself thinking...oh we go there in October...

October is nice. Not so hot as the Summer months. You can have the odd rainy day but the sun still usually manages to shine through even then. Land is still a bit dry though after the Summer scorching.

You should still be able to swim in the sea in October ( need to be a bid brave) and the beaches are not as crowded.

I think my favourite time to visit would be April or May. Countryside is really beautiful then, lovely and green with lots of flowers

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.
Asolutely beautiful.. so pleased that you'll be hosting this year's tea party ... hehe. Are you sure you'll have room for us all. We're going to be in for a proper little treat.

;)

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Dear Willie

I do count myself fortunate for a number of reasons, the least of which being anything to do with any material possessions.

I have been blessed to have people round me and with me that have taught me that the important things in life do not come with price tags attached to them: the hug of caring parents, the laughter of a child, the caress of a loving wife, the shared joke of a friend.

As to beauty, I think this is all around us. It may be easier to spot in something that seems exotic and special but if we only took the time to look we would also find it in the most mundane and everyday of things. Unfortunately the pace and pressures of the life most of us live often blinds us to what is really in front of us.

I am glad you enjoyed the pictures and I thank you for your kind words!

Pavlos

Pavlos, I absolutely agree with the sentiments in your reply. I would also add; you are good example of how people can be happy for someone who is blessed with (in your case) surroundings containing some of natures beauty.
Continue to enjoy your surroundings and continue posting images of your palm trees and plants for us all to enjoy.

A lovely thread to view.

willie.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391977926.148372.jpg

Our garden busking in bright winter sunshine this morning.

I swear the weather has gone crazy. You are worried about pets being blown away by the wind and we are having a heat wave!

I blame it all on the wife. She is visiting the UK this week. But then again, I blame most things on the wife ( but don't tell her I said so)

Anyway I hope nobody got too affected by the latest storm.

Pavlos

Reactions: 4 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Shelba, our black Labrador, is under the erroneous impression that my lily pond is her own private cooling pool. Just haven't figured how to explain the error of her ways to her yet!

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391978899.180344.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391978921.721344.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391978939.092622.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391978957.534022.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391978976.517676.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391978990.893092.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391979007.110568.jpg
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391979021.040031.jpg

Reactions: 4 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
We have a Black Labrador but she prefers the cold to the heat,

062.JPG

DiamondAsh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Disregard for authority. Noise.

You are so spot on with that. I agree totally :cool:
Your garden is idealic. Even with all my anxieties at full blast I could sit there in a little deck chair and totally relax... Even now, just imagining being there lying in a hammock is totally relaxing me. I just adore those type of plants around me. If I see a garden in England with those type of plants I want to take a photo of it. I have to take a double shot of it with my eyes... so relaxing! It calms me.