Gallery of plants in my garden - mostly palms and cycads

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am a keen collector of palms and cycads. So much so that I am beginning to run out of space to plant them. I though I might share some photos of my "collection", in case anyone is interested in viewing.

paavlos

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dracaena Draco

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391787455.329476.jpg

Reactions: 8 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Lovely specimens, but I fear they would not thrive in Lancashire ( but on the West Coast of Scotland, perhaps!)

Reactions: 2 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have lots of palm trees growing quite happily in gardens and by the beach down here in Folkestone, it is the generally hottest part of the country though (also damned windy most of the time) I believe the majority of them are known in the UK as Torbay Palms, which seems to be some form of date palm judging by the fruit they have on them. i've actually been looking for one for my own garden but I have no idea what the correct name is for them.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We have lots of palm trees growing quite happily in gardens and by the beach down here in Folkestone, it is the generally hottest part of the country though (also damned windy most of the time) I believe the majority of them are known in the UK as Torbay Palms, which seems to be some form of date palm judging by the fruit they have on them. i've actually been looking for one for my own garden but I have no idea what the correct name is for them.

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1391794267.217991.jpg

Torbay palm = Cordyline Austraulis according to google. I attach photo ( not from my garden!)

Reactions: 4 people