General question regarding this site

DaveHorne

Hi, my first post. I wound up here after Googling ... type 3 diabetes.

I was mildly concerned to see information on the home page of this site referring to diabetes drugs as a possible treatment for Alzheimers.

I would have thought that diet would have been stressed and that drugs would be mentioned only as a last resort. Does this site have any connections with the drug industry?

I'm not trying to be argumentative or provocative, I'm just curious.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are you referring to this bit

"Researchers are also testing diabetes medication as potential treatments for the neurodegenerative disease.

Incretin mimetic drugs, such as liraglutide (Victoza) and lixisenatide (Lyxumia), have shown potential for preventing the development of Alzheimer’s disease are being investigated as a possible treatment."

I think that's just a statement of fact rather than a suggested treatment.

Also the forum and the site are slightly different beasts although connected.
What people say here in the forum isn't necessarily what the site advocates and indeed sometimes things that the site reports are quite forcefully pointed out to be incorrect.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
No, this site is not associated with Big Pharma. The possibilities of treatments for metabolically associated conditions is in research terms, still in its infancy. The LCHF/keto diets have been shown to have a promising beneficial effect. There are proven benefits of keto like diet with regard to epilepsy and this has been known for a very long time. Hope this helps and welcome to the forum.