Germany calling, Germany calling....

von Spreuth

The German Government have anounced this week, that the extra money for diet available to diabetics on welfare, will no longer be paid, as the condition is contreolable just by "healthy eating".

Hmmm :?

Comments?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
My diabetic cousin in Germany gets better care than me here anyway. She is on insulin and T1 following gestational diabetes 30 years ago.
She even gets reduced entry tickets to attractions as Diabetes is seen as a"disability"

von Spreuth

hanadr said:
She even gets reduced entry tickets to attractions as Diabetes is seen as a"disability"
No matter WHAT the illness, or whatever, if you do not reach 50% on their rather ambibguous scale, then no disability.

I have two types of diabetes, arthritis in my hands and left elbow, gout in feet and back, cartlidge problems, diagnosed lumbago, must use at LEAST one walking stick whenever I leave the house. But they will not register me as dissabled.

Diabetes, even if it is of the worse kind ever known, and may kill you stone dead tomorrow, only gets 20% MAXIMUM.

So if your Cousin is getting a single CENT, or a single "favour", she has more than diabetes.