Getting hypo alerts with libre, blucon and xDrip+

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Long time no see lads

Good to hear from you again, Damon.

I'll probably get a miaomiao too at some point as the waterproof bit seems attractive.

I guess blucon is becoming like the Betamax of the transmitter world now there's a new kid on the block!

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
I was going to go for the blucon but after a bit more research decided to go with the miaomiao and a week after ordering it arrived. We have set it up using the Glimp software as we have used that software before and the suppliers of miaomiao provide instuctions on settting up on their website.

Been using it for just over a week and so far so good. Set up the alert system but had to releax the high and low setting as it was going off to often.

I was going to set up a smart watch but the going rate seems to be about £200 and am a bit concerned about my 8 year old son going to school with such an expensive gadget. I have seen some people who have customised theirs to look like a Ben 10 watch so if I can get one cheap enough I might try to make it look like a Ben 10 watch and collect/display data. Wish me luck.

I know you can also set it up to upload to the cloud so will potentially set that up for school although we have previously been using Freestyle Libre Link and LibreLinkUp and so far have continued to use it.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I was going to go for the blucon but after a bit more research decided to go with the miaomiao and a week after ordering it arrived. We have set it up using the Glimp software as we have used that software before and the suppliers of miaomiao provide instuctions on settting up on their website.

Been using it for just over a week and so far so good. Set up the alert system but had to releax the high and low setting as it was going off to often.

I was going to set up a smart watch but the going rate seems to be about £200 and am a bit concerned about my 8 year old son going to school with such an expensive gadget. I have seen some people who have customised theirs to look like a Ben 10 watch so if I can get one cheap enough I might try to make it look like a Ben 10 watch and collect/display data. Wish me luck.

I know you can also set it up to upload to the cloud so will potentially set that up for school although we have previously been using Freestyle Libre Link and LibreLinkUp and so far have continued to use it.
It works with Pebble watches still - I picked up a second hand one on eBay for less than thirty quid.

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
It works with Pebble watches still - I picked up a second hand one on eBay for less than thirty quid.

Cheers, that sounds like that might be the better options rather then waiting for a decent discount on a new one.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Cheers, that sounds like that might be the better options rather then waiting for a decent discount on a new one.

There's a watch called the Finowatch Q1 Pro at around the 70 quid mark which has been getting a bit of attention.

It takes a sim card so it is basically a phone in watch format, so 8 yr olds might not need to worry about looking after their phone and a watch as the watch acts as collector on its own.

I've not paid much attention to it, but here's a link from a guy who got it working:

https://www.deebee.it/?p=15216

I might be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something somewhere on miaomiao's site suggesting they were either selling it or were keen on it.

Just chucking it out there as something to have a look at.

Binary

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
There's a watch called the Finowatch Q1 Pro at around the 70 quid mark which has been getting a bit of attention.

It takes a sim card so it is basically a phone in watch format, so 8 yr olds might not need to worry about looking after their phone and a watch as the watch acts as collector on its own.

I've not paid much attention to it, but here's a link from a guy who got it working:

https://www.deebee.it/?p=15216

I might be wrong on this but I'm pretty sure I remember seeing something somewhere on miaomiao's site suggesting they were either selling it or were keen on it.

Just chucking it out there as something to have a look at.

Cheers, reading about your experience is the reason I have started to look into it. There are so many different options out there at the moment that is difficult to decide which is best but I guess that is what happens when online communities get on with it and start working on their own solutions.

Reactions: laciapu

bulgariuv

Good to hear from you again, Damon.

I'll probably get a miaomiao too at some point as the waterproof bit seems attractive.

I guess blucon is becoming like the Betamax of the transmitter world now there's a new kid on the block!

Hello Scott.

You were the one using pebble watch as an extended display for the phone's xdrip app,right?
I might be confused with so much info on this forum.....

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hello Scott.

You were the one using pebble watch as an extended display for the phone's xdrip app,right?
I might be confused with so much info on this forum.....

Hi, bulgariuv, sorry for the delay in replying, I've not been on the forum much recently.

I'm using a Fossil Q Explorist, about £250, was a late 50th birthday present to myself! It's been working well with xdrip and an LG K8 2017 phone for over a year now.

Pebbles can be used, there's a settings page in xdrip for them, I've not tried one myself, but others have got them working fine, but I'm not sure whether there's a particular model you need to get.

I thought having bg and graph on a watch would be a bit gimmicky, but it's turned out to be really useful, being able to have a quick glance at my wrist instead of dragging the phone out, have picked up and stopped a few developing highs and lows I might have missed with the phone alone, so I've found it to be well worthwhile.

Good luck with it!

bulgariuv

Hi, bulgariuv, sorry for the delay in replying, I've not been on the forum much recently.

I'm using a Fossil Q Explorist, about £250, was a late 50th birthday present to myself! It's been working well with xdrip and an LG K8 2017 phone for over a year now.

Pebbles can be used, there's a settings page in xdrip for them, I've not tried one myself, but others have got them working fine, but I'm not sure whether there's a particular model you need to get.

I thought having bg and graph on a watch would be a bit gimmicky, but it's turned out to be really useful, being able to have a quick glance at my wrist instead of dragging the phone out, have picked up and stopped a few developing highs and lows I might have missed with the phone alone, so I've found it to be well worthwhile.

Good luck with it!

No problem with the late reply.
I managed to figure it out by myself and wearing the system ( libre-miaomiao-phone-watch-cloud server ) for about 6 days now.
Plus a lot of other systems ( nightscout, androidaps, xiaomi fitness bracelet ).
I am not very eager to use a full smartwatch ( as extended display or stand alone ) because of the nasty battery life.
With the pebble I manage to go for about 6 days on a charge which is marvellous.

DunePlodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I still use a Pebble Classic. Definitely not the most stylish watch, but the long battery life makes such a difference.

Artem

Hello Scott! Due to the upgrade of phones to Android 9 (Huawei Honor 10 or Huawei Honor 9 (EMUI 9.0 + Android 9)) my xDrip does`t connect Bluetooth to Blucon. The main error – incorrectly entered password, while using LinkDluCon or Gimp connection with Blucon occurs. It is – incorrectly entered password. I can't even make the first Blucon/ xDrip connection. When I try on other mobile phone (Huawei with Android 7/8), everything works.

I performed all operations according to #486, etc..., but reconfiguration of Bluetooth parameters does not exclude an error. Of course reinstalling to the old xDrip app does not help.

Had the problem even after I set a new sensor and new battery in Blucon.

Please help in configuring the phones or xDrip+.

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi, @Artem , yes, there always seems to be issues when a newer version of Android os comes out.

I've avoided it by deliberately not updating mine - I'm still on version 7.

You say you are also running linkblucon and glimp? If it's on the same phone as xdrip, that has caused problems in the past - it seems that the blucon doesn't know which app to talk to - so it would be worth trying just deleting linkblucon and glimp altogether to see whether that makes a difference.

The issues page is worth a browse to see if a similar issue has happened, but it's difficult to search it:

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/issues

Not sure how recent your version of xdrip is. Perhaps a later build would sort it?

https://github.com/NightscoutFoundation/xDrip/releases

Hope you get it sorted.