1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Getting Insulin in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by manager, Jul 3, 2012.

1. manager

manager · Newbie

Anybody know how to get insulin/ what's available in Manila, Philippines? I am going over there to work and can't find how to get Lantus or actrapid. All help apprecuated! :0 :thumbup:

2. copepod

copepod Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Best to contact the manufacturer(s) of your insulins.

3. Quiltman

Quiltman · Newbie

I'm in the same position. We are looking to move to Cebu and need to ensure we can get my wifes insulin there. My son, who lives there, has been checking.

Lantus is available - Watsons pharmacies charge 827 pesos per cartridge and 365 pharmacy charge 817 pesos. Our problem is that Novarapid is not available. Watsons say it is not on their approved list. They would have to import it. upshot is wife is checking as to alternatives. We can get all her tablets even tho' some of them have different names.

If you google watsons you should find a website ,then send them an email.

found it: www.watsons.com.ph

Hope this helps

4. manager

manager · Newbie

Cheers, good info there.
    Concerning the Novorapid: I got a quote from FEDX for £60 to transport personal medicine from the UK to Manila, but you need an import permit from the Fil government. Figured at worse you could buy the drugs in the UK and get them sent. Said it would take approx. 2 days to get to manila.

Safe travels.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook