Getting my pump Tomorrow!!!

silvarbullet1

Wow, time flies. I can't believe how fast and helpful the team at Ashford & St Peters have been too.
The PCT took less than 5 days to confirm they were giving me the OK for funding, then the amazing nurse ordered the pump, I collected some insulin vials and new test strips for the meter (getting the Spirit Combo) this week and tomorrow I go to get 'inducted'!

So excited! The nurse has been really helpful, very down to earth and friendly. Tomorrow I get to go to the hospital, given my pump, talked through all the basics, see the dietician if I want, then I can take it and go home! She said they don't make anyone stay in hospital and I can email her with any questions, they think the best way to learn is just to get on with life and use the pump as you go... :)

Whilst I'm here, I'm gonna post some other questions on exercise, but I think I'll start a new topic for that.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
I hope it all went well and that your early experience of pumping is good.

Regards

Doug

Marmite-lover

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Snakes and pomegranates!
Hi! I really hope things are going well with your pump so far? I'm getting mine fitted on Monday,so I am feeling pretty nervous! I think often starting new things can be a bit daunting,so I just have to go for it! Wishing you all the best. :)