Getting there

Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
well its a little over 15 months now for me getting diagnosed t1 its been a bumpy ride and still is with other problems also! when i was admitted my bloods were 136 also had keto acidosis on my last HB1 im down to 68 my diabetic nurse is happy im getting it my weight is slowly dropping to from 115.8kg to 110.6kg not a huge loss but a loss :)
im on the libre 2 now also was on 1 from November that has helped me no end.
Now all i need is to get my legs moving a bit more and the terrible night time calf cramps to stop.
Currently im trying the revitive to help with the legs and feet but we will see docs put me on Gabreprentin tablets they seem to help!

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
well its a little over 15 months now for me getting diagnosed t1 its been a bumpy ride and still is with other problems also! when i was admitted my bloods were 136 also had keto acidosis on my last HB1 im down to 68 my diabetic nurse is happy im getting it my weight is slowly dropping to from 115.8kg to 110.6kg not a huge loss but a loss :)
im on the libre 2 now also was on 1 from November that has helped me no end.
Now all i need is to get my legs moving a bit more and the terrible night time calf cramps to stop.
Currently im trying the revitive to help with the legs and feet but we will see docs put me on Gabreprentin tablets they seem to help!

I was having terrible leg cramps and still am to some extent, but the sensation in recent weeks seems to have changed, and my lower legs keep getting stuck, and I simply don't seem to have control of them. MY HbA1c has always been not bad since diagnosis of type 1 in 2019 with it being around 47, so I don't think this can be the development of neuropathy at such a short space of time..? Does anyone know whether it could still be neuropathy even though I have only been a type 1 since April 2019?

I tried Revitive too but have not found it really solved the problem. I also get moderate exercise walking about 4 days a week for half an hour...Not enough I am sure, but I am not entirely sedentary...

My Gp simply says do stretching exercises before I get into bed every night, and Fevertree tonic water....but really she has no answer to give me regarding this, and it can be REALLY quite painful! It always seems to happen when my legs are raised a bit, especially in bed, but also sometimes on the settee...

kvetiny

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've suffered long covid all this year. Doctors thought it was diabetic neuropathy so prescribed gabapentin. That did nothing for me but made me feel rubbish. I then tried pregabalin which is better but stopped taking it as side effects were bad. Tried leg stimulation machine and magnesium. Sure it got worse with the machine. I'm now on Duloxetine and it's the best drug so far! Have u had covid? U haven't had diabetes that long to suffer complications.

LionChild

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
whisky
I've suffered long covid all this year. Doctors thought it was diabetic neuropathy so prescribed gabapentin. That did nothing for me but made me feel rubbish. I then tried pregabalin which is better but stopped taking it as side effects were bad. Tried leg stimulation machine and magnesium. Sure it got worse with the machine. I'm now on Duloxetine and it's the best drug so far! Have u had covid? U haven't had diabetes that long to suffer complications.

Yes, I try to avoid drugs as much as I can because of side effects, and worse... No, I havent been type 1 for long, but these sensations are very troublesome and doctors really don't seem to know what it is.

Carptastic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Needles :)
Hi no i havent had Covid, i was on Duloxetine after having my Radio frequency treatment for my lower spine sadly they didnt work, no only 15 months for me (june 2020) i didnt see anyone after being dishcharged from the ward until september this year i spoke to my diabetic nurse on the phone she was a blessing i really struggled with it tbh my weight went up everything hit me like a lead balloon all the questions with no answers an no google isnt the best help it made it worse a few times.