gfr kidney disese

tizzy

We really need an undercover dr don't we I too had this problem my appointment with gp I told him I have had a pain for along time in my side could it be my kidneys I asked he looked down his nose and said what makes you think you have a problem with your kidneys well I sad your screen tells me I have stage 2 kidney disease oh he said well you are not in the treatment stage he sad numbers but I can't remember ironically I was having regular scans which showed poly cystic kidneys ( lots of cysts) they decided I no longer needed to be monitored I also had frequent blood in the urine which came back as normal well it looked like pure blood to me not infection though also another thing puzzled me amylase levels were vey high I don't drink alcohol which is the common cause apparently they did not believe me on that score but I think it can also be caused my ketosis high bgs Iif any one has any answers I love to hear them I feel like other people maybe they are just waiting for it to get worse

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im freeeee, lol thanks all for your well wishes :) im still peeing blood but they said they cant find anything wrong and maybe it is the exercise and told me something about mo farrah lmao, i have to go gp tommorow, oh thats a good idea, im saved :lol:

thanks again

hornplayer

They really are clueless aren't they?!

My dad went to the doc coz he'd dropped a lump of granite on his foot. It was a new doctor who said, "Now Mr Rees, at your age you really should let someone else take care of the DIY" - He made himself look a bit of a twit when he told all the other staff about his "elderly DIY enthusiast". They all know my Dad. - The old doc used come to the yard every so often to make sure Dad hadn't died and forgotten to lie down! - To be fair, he doesn't do doctors. If he needs something he tells the receptionist and she has a prescription sent to the chemist for him. In this case, the doc said he'd bruised his foot. We nagged and nagged and eventually he hobbled up to A&E. - he'd broken all five toes!
Really glad you're free Andy. Good luck with the quack. - Sorry, GP!

Re

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi Andy,, glad you got out!

I had the opposite problem. My GP (in Spain) looked at the albumin/creatinine quotient, saw it was too high. She tried to put me on ARB's (I'm allergic to ACE inhibitors), and eventually, after several rows, and my refusal to take them (tried them before---- BP went UP-- probably through lack of sleep---common side effect apparently) referred me to a nephrologist. To cut a long story short, she ( the nephrologist) determined that my BP was fine, but that I had quite a lot of "sand" in my kidneys, which was probably causing the anomalies, and told me to keep up the 6 monthly gfr tests---- at the moment 93%----- always been a bit on the low side----- and to go back if I had any problems (other than my GP) I've found that once you've been diagnosed with diabetes, blinkers go on, and it gets blamed for anything that goes wrong with you (here anyway). Just to be on the safe side I started taking Co Q 10, and Zea Mays. You have to be aware that yes high BP can cause kidney problems, but that high glucose levels are even worse.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, thanks, your not the first person to reccomend the q10 ill have to take a look :). if a thread was ever hijacked by someone its this one and im really sorry, i just wished i could get them to discuss it with me rather than dismiss it :(

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That's all I've ever asked from my GP. However, because I query things, I'm down as some sort of crank! The last comment I had was to the effect of " you're only getting these side effects because you don't want to take the pills"!!!

Getting back to your kidney problems, presumably if you were in hospital, they did all the appropriate tests for kidney problems, and didn't just put it down to diabetes?

Try the Q 10. I read somewhere that some tests were run on patients with diabetic nephritis, and their gfr went up noticably---- not into normal ranges, but still in the right direction. I take it cos I feel better when I do---- have more energy. Maybe it's all psychological, but if I feel better, I'm going to continue

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hi, thanks ill definatly have a go at the q10, at the hospital they took blood and urine and then i waited in the bed for the results, it took about 2 hours i guess, the very nice doctor who was difficult to say the least to understand came to me and said who told you you have kidney disease? so i say as i have explained the gp dismisses me im assuming i have it because i have had two blood tests in 6 months both returned egfr number of 60 and i read on the internet that means you have at very least reduced kidney function but no one will explain this to me so i can only go off the NICE guidelines which is what ive done, i havent actually been told i have CKD by the doctor, so he said to me we have all been standing around trying to decide why you urine is that colour, there is no sign whatsoever of an infection so we have to assume its a result of muscle break down because you have been over exercising, go home and dont run so much your not mo farrah, so off i went :)

suejat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
That sounds like good news. My doctor actually TOLD me I had diabetic kidney disease! Then she took my blood pressure--- which surprise surprise was off the clock!!! I was in such a state, that when my other half came to collect with the motorbike, I tried to put my helmet on back to front!!! Then I find out months later that I don't!!!! Do these doctors need better training, or what?