Gingers keto in the uk.

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Does anyone follow her?

She’s doing a podcast on the reasons she stopped OMAD soon.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
She is a member here, I believe.

Reactions: wiflib

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The podcast is live and starts in a couple of hours.

Reactions: wiflib

Richard'63

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Did I miss something? 20 g of protein? That is only 2/3 of a slice of processed ham assuming the ham is minimal fat.
What are we meant to live on butter and broccoli?

Edit: Just checked the pack, there is 6.9 g protein in a single slice must be a lot of water in it, so you can have 3.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Did I miss something? 20 g of protein? That is only 2/3 of a slice of processed ham assuming the ham is minimal fat.
What are we meant to live on butter and broccoli?

Edit: Just checked the pack, there is 6.9 g protein in a single slice must be a lot of water in it, so you can have 3.
20g of carbs is I presume what is meant... not protein?

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I think things do change a little bit if you're doing zero carb or near enough. Plus then we have the differences between male and female bodily composition too. Insulin will spike less without 20g of carbs in one sitting (as that will always spike most of all) but protein may too As for absorbing it, wasn't that something that is being hotly debated right now? I see a camp that says that it takes time to go through your intestines so we don't really waste the protein at all and it slows up so we can absorb it over the day. Honestly consuming carnivore has been bringing my BGL down and I don't notice myself getting low energy so I am not sure what to think.

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does anyone follow her?

I don't follow anyone, I lead :bag:

Makes me wonder how anyone managed to decide what to do before they invented podcasts and blogs.

Must have been a nightmare if you couldn’t think for yourself.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Could someone give me a short synopsis of why the lass stopped OMAD? I find that she speaks far to fast and is not at all easy to lip read. TIA

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Could someone give me a short synopsis of why the lass stopped OMAD? I find that she speaks far to fast and is not at all easy to lip read. TIA

Way too fast, I struggled immensely with that one.

Reactions: Guzzler

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The podcast is live and starts in a couple of hours.

Thank you so much for sharing this interesting lively video - probably particularly enjoyed also because it ties in with what I personally experience now ie that two or three small meals with small amount of carbs in each seems to work well for me and keeps me in ketosis whereas when do Omad @nd eat more quantities but still under the magic total 20s my bgs go up more and ketones can be less. Not sure about the protein stuff but think there’s something about the quantities of carb in one single meal. But of course we’re all different too in what works for us - it can take a while working it out!
@DJC3 @Goonergal @Debandez @Rachox interesting stuff and a fun watch although a bit rushed!
Edit big thanks too to @wiflib x

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Thank you so much for sharing this interesting lively video - probably particularly enjoyed also because it ties in with what I personally experience now ie that two or three small meals with small amount of carbs in each seems to work well for me and keeps me in ketosis whereas when do Omad @nd eat more quantities but still under the magic total 20s my bgs go up more and ketones can be less. Not sure about the protein stuff but think there’s something about the quantities of carb in one single meal. But of course we’re all different too in what works for us - it can take a while working it out!
@DJC3 @Goonergal @Debandez @Rachox interesting stuff and a fun watch although a bit rushed!

All thanks must go to Wiflib for the heads up. :)

Reactions: DJC3

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

I watched this vid twice & occasionally listen to the odd bit of "urban grime."

I'll stick my neck out & sugest from what I took from it is Ginger's limit of 20g of carb & 50g of protien on a one meal a day regime was rethought due to the amount of insulin response wasted dealing with the amount. So, the amount was split between 2 meals at 10g of carb & around 25 to 30 on the protien. Thus staying within a ketogenic range & maintaining weight?

Gosh, I hope I got this right... :)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes

I'll stick my neck out & sugest from what I took from it is Ginger's limit of 20g of carb & 50g of protien on a one meal a day regime was rethought due to the amount of insulin response wasted dealing with the amount. So, the amount was split between 2 meals at 10g of carb & around 25 to 30 on the protien. Thus staying within a ketogenic range & maintaining weight?

Ta muchly.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the tag @shelley262 I’ll probably have to watch again as it was going so fast but I’m quite happy with her conclusion. I find omad really hard so feel much happier with 2 or 3 meals. I’m glad eggs got the thumbs up too.

Richard'63

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I stop/started and replayed so I could make notes.
Lower carbs and resultant lower insulin is better, so split one meal into two (or more).
In any one meal 10 g carbs, 20 – 30 g protein.

One of my go to foods is pork shoulder steak, a single steak according to the supermarket's site is 31 g protein. I would normally eat two, if I went carni I would eat more.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ta muchly.

No problem. Hopefully, @ketointheuk can come back in her own words to clarify.
So I can at least do my "man thing," punch the air in a yay sort of way..? :D

I believe this is Ginger's personal journey.. It's done the only way she knows how.
I'd like to see steadier metering with her dialog too. But the production values on the vid are cool.
There seems to be a far bit of tight editing. (Which adds to the style.) Maybe invest in a "autoque?" ;)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Thank you jaylee.
Now i don’t need to watch it.
I confess that I find podcasts almost impossible to watch. Usually too much personality obscuring the content.
Please note that I am not making that comment about this podcast, since I haven’t seen it.
It is just that past experience makes me very reluctant to click Play.