1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Giving up

Discussion in 'Emotional and Mental Health' started by badbrogs21, Dec 4, 2014.

1. badbrogs21

badbrogs21 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I am a diabetic type 1 I am waiting to go on an inserlin pump I was waiting for a letter for dates I work to many hours as I am a manager in retail I feel stressed all the time and feel like I have no time to do anything I have pain in my feet and my legs feel like there burning I haven't took any inserlin for 3 days or checked my blood for 2 weeks I am just fed up I try and try but always get thrown back I've just taken an overdose of inserlin to bring my bloods Down

2. czj

czj Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear you've given up. I hope the insulin you have taken gets your bloods down. But not too far.

Please let us know later in the day how you are doing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. badbrogs21

Well I took 40 nova rapid and 44 tresiba so should come down quick my blood was reading HI . I just need some 1 to talk to as I suffer from depression but I can't talk to family because they have a go and I don't like talking to the doctors

• Like Like x 2
  4. czj

czj Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Well, we are all here to listen. We've all been through the same at some time, so we wont have a go.

5. phoenix

phoenix Type 1 · Expert

Not nagging, just a bit worried.
    Please test to see what is happening to your glucose levels just in case they are falling rapidly. If you haven' had any insulin for 3 days though you could have some ketones. Are you able to check for those?

6. badbrogs21

7. badbrogs21

Bloods still Hi atm

8. nancyb

nancyb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

You won't always feel this bad. I know that's hard to believe at the moment, but you will come through this and have better times in your life. Keep working on your blood sugar, don't give up.
    Nancy

9. hughsey

hughsey Type 1 · Active Member

Hi, badbrogs21, ive been a diabetic for 21yrs, and suffer from astham as well. I have very bad bouts of depression which i was takening meds for. I found that if my sugars are high i have the bouts of depression but if there low am grand, if too low i just totally lose it. Its a very hard balance to keep sugars right, i too work long hours and am always under pressure too. But i never forget to take my insulin. Each person is different, am not saying this condition is easy to live with, oh no far from it. But its a callange that if i get up every morning am doing well.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ConradJ

ConradJ Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @badbrogs21

I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through - I've been there too.

There is light at the other end, believe me.

Read this - it certainly helped me sit up and think about my situation:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/emotions/diabetes-burnout.html

Then come back to us with whatever rants, questions, etc. you may have.

With very best wishes.
    C.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook