glicazide

Weehotty

Hi 5 days ago I was taken off epagliflozen and put back on Glicazide ..

Still no change in my numbers on waking my bloods were 13.9 and still kicking 17 after eating .. im on 80 mg morning and nite

suggestions peeps .. i dont think its working

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Still no change in my numbers on waking my bloods were 13.9 and still kicking 17 after eating .. im on 80 mg morning and nite

Go back to the basics: What are you eating in a day? Is there anything that can be pushing your numbers up outside of foods (infection, stress etc). Because if there's no other reason for high numbers to be found, you might want to ask for a C-peptide and a GAD test... Rule out T1.

Reactions: Trevor vP

Trevor vP

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Ask for a GAD and C-pep test, do not stop asking until the docs have ruled out Type 1 / LADA

Reactions: EllieM

Weehotty

not got an infection x still awaiting my cpeptide and antibody results from blue horizon ..

porridge for breakfast

banana for snack

ham sandwich for lunch

yogurt for snack

gammon steak with veg and 5 chips ( lol i wish i hadnt counted then now)

Wholegrain cracker and soft cheese for supper ..

If I dont eat enough carbs I get ketones so I need to balance that line finely

Weehotty

is it ? Porridge is a must for me , thats what the dietitian said . I cant eat eggs and i need food that keeps me going 30 gms carbs

23gms in banana
the sandwich one slice of bread 18 gm
but i get absolutely ravenous
the cracker is only 3gs of carbs

sorry dont know the amount of carbs in the 5 chips i had :(

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you using a meter to take readings before you eat and 2 hours after the first bite?

Weehotty

I was also advised carb intake of less that 130 gms is low carb.. so im there or there abouts X

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
is it ? Porridge is a must for me , thats what the dietitian said . I cant eat eggs and i need food that keeps me going 30 gms carbs

23gms in banana
the sandwich one slice of bread 18 gm
but i get absolutely ravenous
the cracker is only 3gs of carbs

sorry dont know the amount of carbs in the 5 chips i had :(

Did the "dietician" tell you not to eat eggs?

They obviously know little to nothing about T2 diabetes and how to put it into remission.

All of your foods will cause high blood sugar and lo and behold you have it.

Did the dietician tell you to cut fat out too? because that's probably why you are famished.

Reactions: IrishAyes

Weehotty

Are you using a meter to take readings before you eat and 2 hours after the first bite?
ive been told to only test now 2x a day which is a bit **** .. but i normally sit about 13 during the day climbing to 17-19 and by the time ive cleaned the house ( sadly as a mum of three its part of my exercise routine ) it then sits at 15 before bed.. fasting sits at 12 - 13

Weehotty

Did the "dietician" tell you not to eat eggs?

They obviously know little to nothing about T2 diabetes and how to put it into remission.

All of your foods will cause high blood sugar and lo and behold you have it.

Did the dietician tell you to cut fat out too? because that's probably why you are famished.
nope she didnt … im allergic to them ,along with fish and nuts .. to get my fats its cheese and advocdo

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For the purposes of self education, you should be testing before and after you eat. A rise of more than 2 means you have eaten something not good for you.

Weehotty

For the purposes of self education, you should be testing before and after you eat. A rise of more than 2 means you have eaten something not good for you.
i agree … im starting to feel no food is good for me :( ive completely cut out rice and pasta s and trying to switch out to lower GI options

Diabetes sucks , the healthcare system of wait and see sucks,

i waaaannnt low sugars and nice tasty meals

Weehotty

That's a huge amount of carbs. What is wrong with keystones?
i have history of large keyones , admission into hospital and stuck on a drip for 4 hrs to flush them out … that sucks and I have no appetite for that experience again x

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Im ok with meat :)

my dinner plate is normally 60% protein 30% veg and 10% carb

Yes but with porridge for breakast ... carbs

Banana for a snack even more carbs

sandwich for lunch yet more carbs

it doesn't really matter what your dinner plate is as your poor body is overloaded from the rest of what you have eaten.

Have you thought of trying a zero carb day and maybe a limited eating window (this is of course assuming that you are a T2).
Both can be pretty effective at reducing blood sugar levels over time. At the moment you are constantly topping up with carbs so it's hardly surprising your body can't cope.

Reactions: IrishAyes

Weehotty

I cant have a no carb day , i cant risk having the ketones. but i can try and cut them down .. the dietitian did say I need some carbs , and im already low carbing to a certain extent

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you had a look at dietdoctor.com? If I eat carbs I am always hungry.

The keytone thing is odd. High keytones along with high blood glucose is indicative of DKA more often associated with T1 and rare in T2.

When I was first dx I went keto, under 20g carb per day. It took 4 weeks, I cracked carb addiction, stopped being hungry all the time. I had loads of energy.

Reactions: Debmcgee

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I cant have a no carb day , i cant risk having the ketones. but i can try and cut them down .. the dietitian did say I need some carbs , and im already low carbing to a certain extent
You Don't need carbs. Going to Google the keytone thing. Do you have a keytone meter?

Reactions: Debmcgee