1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Glucagen hypokit

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by SarahlouiseEllis, Oct 28, 2017.

1. SarahlouiseEllis

SarahlouiseEllis Type 1 · Member

Hello, I'm off to Thailand for a month tomorrow and I'm wondering if I should bring the glucagen hypokit?
    I have 2 frio bags which hold all of my novirapid and toujeo.
    I've never needed the glucagen hypokit and I know it must be kept in a fridge, which I won't be near one.
    Any suggestions?
    Thank you! ✌

2. catapillar

catapillar Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@SarahlouiseEllis the glucagon hypostop kits are fine out of the fridge (up to 25 degrees) for 18 months, so long as they are within the shelf life it says on the packet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SarahlouiseEllis

SarahlouiseEllis Type 1 · Member

Thank you!!

4. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

I just take Dextrose tablets.

5. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

If you're traveling alone I wouldn't bother, because there's no-one to give it to you. If traveling with someone else I would probably take it, just to be sure when going someplace far from medical help. I never needed mine, but I take it with me when I go sailing, as help takes longer to reach you somewhere on the water. I keep it in the fridge at home, and in my bag when sailing.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook