1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Glucomen areo 2k

Discussion in 'Newly Diagnosed' started by lorna_fletcher, May 14, 2018.

1. lorna_fletcher

lorna_fletcher Type 1 · Active Member

I have just been given a new meter today and they told me I can upload bloods through NFC but every time I try to pair my iPhone 8 to my meter it isn’t working... anyone have this problem?

2. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...........

From the Glucomen website:-
    The new GlucoMen Areo blood glucose meter utilises NFC technology for Quicklink, to help you manage your diabetes better. .... QuickLink™ connectivity is not currently supported by Apple iPhone or iPad devices.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lorna_fletcher

lorna_fletcher Type 1 · Active Member

That would make sense lol, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  4. sofs888

sofs888 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I got given this monitor too (don't overly get on with it) but it won't pair to my phone and I'm on Android! Sounds like we're both in similar situations (I saw your other post) I'm newly diagnosed and 21 too!

5. EllieM

EllieM Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hmm, doesn't work with apple or android but uses NFC? So what's left? Blackberry????

6. sofs888

sofs888 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Exactly! The hospital gave me GlucoRX and I preferred it a lot more! My repeat prescription is for the Areo though :(

7. jlarsson

jlarsson Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Might be a problem with the phone itself, and not Android. Android is just the operating system(much like presumably Windows or macOS/OSX on your regular computer) that will work on devices whether they have NFC or not, such as an older phone or your car monitor. Could also be your Android version, though I very much doubt that would be the problem, as Google have an exceptionally annoying habit of deprecating features in its development tools and for completely nonsensical reasons require a new version not yet supported by some(possibly yours) devices for a certain feature.

8. squidgey

squidgey · Newbie

There's a free bluetooth dongle you can get for iPhones etc just register on the website

9. Bertyboy

Bertyboy Type 1 · Well-Known Member

It works with my Samsung OK. On a related topic, I just got 200 new strips yesterday on my repeat, and Menari have changed the design of the Areo strips so that they now require less blood. As they were a bit thirsty, I think this is a great move.

10. Md.rose

Md.rose Type 2 · Active Member

I have just been given the Areo as my practice is changing over to them, I have an iPhone 5 and like many of you cannot pair with the Areo. Rang Glucomen about this and very impressed by their response. For iPhone they add a dongle to the bottom of Areo and it should then work, they are sending me one out free of charge.

#10 Md.rose, Sep 5, 2018 at 2:47 PM
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook