Glucomen areo 2k

lorna_fletcher

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just been given a new meter today and they told me I can upload bloods through NFC but every time I try to pair my iPhone 8 to my meter it isn’t working... anyone have this problem?

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I have just been given a new meter today and they told me I can upload bloods through NFC but every time I try to pair my iPhone 8 to my meter it isn’t working... anyone have this problem?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...........

From the Glucomen website:-
The new GlucoMen Areo blood glucose meter utilises NFC technology for Quicklink, to help you manage your diabetes better. .... QuickLink™ connectivity is not currently supported by Apple iPhone or iPad devices.

Reactions: lorna_fletcher

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got given this monitor too (don't overly get on with it) but it won't pair to my phone and I'm on Android! Sounds like we're both in similar situations (I saw your other post) I'm newly diagnosed and 21 too!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I got given this monitor too (don't overly get on with it) but it won't pair to my phone and I'm on Android!
Hmm, doesn't work with apple or android but uses NFC? So what's left? Blackberry????

sofs888

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm, doesn't work with apple or android but uses NFC? So what's left? Blackberry????
Exactly! The hospital gave me GlucoRX and I preferred it a lot more! My repeat prescription is for the Areo though :(

jlarsson

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mods who selectively modify posts for explicit language that isn't explicit
Might be a problem with the phone itself, and not Android. Android is just the operating system(much like presumably Windows or macOS/OSX on your regular computer) that will work on devices whether they have NFC or not, such as an older phone or your car monitor. Could also be your Android version, though I very much doubt that would be the problem, as Google have an exceptionally annoying habit of deprecating features in its development tools and for completely nonsensical reasons require a new version not yet supported by some(possibly yours) devices for a certain feature.

Bertyboy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It works with my Samsung OK. On a related topic, I just got 200 new strips yesterday on my repeat, and Menari have changed the design of the Areo strips so that they now require less blood. As they were a bit thirsty, I think this is a great move.

Md.rose

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just been given the Areo as my practice is changing over to them, I have an iPhone 5 and like many of you cannot pair with the Areo. Rang Glucomen about this and very impressed by their response. For iPhone they add a dongle to the bottom of Areo and it should then work, they are sending me one out free of charge.

Last edited: