GlucoRx Nexus

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yeah that’s the one , is on eBay 6.99 with strips , lancets etc. Seems a good price- maybe to good
Usually the box comes with a meter, finger pricker and sample pot of test strips. However buying test strips to use the meter might be a different story.

Paulm80

Usually the box comes with a meter, finger pricker and sample pot of test strips. However buying test strips to use the meter might be a different story.

I checked they are around 10-12 quid for 50 I’ll take a punt on it- really should get a meter of some sort

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My surgery changed over to GlucoRx Nexus a few months ago. I chose the 'Mini' as opposed to the slightly larger one. I like the glucometer and the test strips only need the tiniest amount of blood.

I can't say how much the test strips cost as I get them on prescription but it would seem prices are very variable on internet so you might shop around a bit

Be warned, though. Check out the price of Test strips before buying a glucometer. It's the test strips which are the ongoing costs. Also, if you phone the actual company/s which do the glucometer and say you are trying to decide which meter to go for, they might offer you a free meter so as to have you buy the (potentially) more expensive test strips. Maybe worth a try, once you've checked out the price of the test strips ;)

The two glucometers which are felt to be the most economical to use are Tee2+ or Codefree. The test strips are likely the cheapest to buy. I don't have links for these but you will be able to find some info about them on this site if you search

Good luck. A glucometer is definitely a valuable tool to controlling / improving your glucose levels. :)

Reactions: Paulm80

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just seen this on eBay for 6.99, anyone know if it’s any good?

Hi Paul, I have just tweaked the spelling in your thread title, to avoid any confusion over the brand. :)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Odd times I purchase strips for this meter my local pharmacist charges me £15 for 50 that's with vat discounted.

It is quite a reasonably accurate reliable meter.

Just to add it's the meter I bought when first diagnosed the DN suggested that I bought the same meter that the surgery prescribes so as she could pass any spare strips she had on to me, but she never did.

Reactions: kmoi and Paulm80

Gannet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Showbiz
Just seen this on eBay for 6.99, anyone know if it’s any good?

It’s the one I use - the nurse gave me one but I have to buy strips. I don’t use vast amounts, about 6-9 pots per year, and I get 3 pots at a time on line, VAT free, for £36. The company will supply free notebooks, test solution and batteries (AAA). Mine is the full size one with a back light.I really recommend it.

Last edited: