GLUCOSE READINGS

caitycakes

Hello everyone, I am 45yrs old and newly diagnosed type 1 (2months ago). I'm on humalog 25 mix and inject twice per day. I'm still learning and can't decide whether to do the 4 stabs a day thing or not. I HATE NEEDLES!!!!! I test my glucose levels all the time because it's a good way to learn what foods do what to my levels. I had my evening meal last night and tested 1 hr after (7.2). Then I tested 2hr after (6.1). Felt really smug and decided to test fifteen minutes after the 2hr test and I was at 8.2! Tested 10 mins later and down at 7.2. Can anyone tell me why such fluctuations?
Also does any one else have the same problem with their glucose testing pen. I find it's really gentle for the first few times on a setting and then all of a sudden it's like the thing is going to come out the other side of my finger!!!! I use the one touch ultra soft (ultra soft my backside!)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I can't help you much on the numbers, unless you were digesting your meal slowly, or have delayed stomach emptying.But I can help on stabber pain.
i only test on the inside of my forearm now. the pain sensors are a long way apart there. It's only bad luck if I hit one. fingers have very close pain sensors. the only time they say you MUST use fingers is if you are tracking fast BG changes. For routine testing alternative sites are fine.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I can't get enough blood from my forearm - I got the One-touch Ultra with its special device. If I do work at it, I just get bruised.

Any advice. I've just tried again & failed.