Gluten free prescription foods to be abolished ?

S

serenity648

A friends granddaughter is coelic. The mother is working, but low income single parent. This will hit hard anyone in that bracket. The friend helps her daughter and granddaughter out where she can, but is also a carer on a low income. And they live in a place where there is not a lot of variety at supermarkets.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
A friends granddaughter is coelic. The mother is working, but low income single parent. This will hit hard anyone in that bracket. The friend helps her daughter and granddaughter out where she can, but is also a carer on a low income. And they live in a place where there is not a lot of variety at supermarkets.

I hope they don't find it too hard to cope with.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This i why I am GFs about Coeliac disease and it is not a life time choice, or is it about diabetes, just saying.

Oh, I think you misunderstand. When I had my Coeliac antibodies test done, the Endo agreed it would be highly unlikely show anything, because my current lifestyle choices would already be suppressing any inflammation. However, I have adopted a GF diet on his direct instruction, not because I wanted to.

For me, GF is no "fashion statement". I hope that clarifies.

Reactions: zand

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I used to get about 12 small loaves of bread from the pharmacy, most of which I then had to freeze so they didn't go stale. It was a right pain ;)
It doesn't sound very cost effective for the NHS/pharmacy to be dealing with bread, no wonder they want to stop. A voucher for the supermarket would be simpler surely.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Oh, I think you misunderstand. When I had my Coeliac antibodies test done, the Endo agreed it would be highly unlikely show anything, because my current lifestyle choices would already be suppressing any inflammation. However, I have adopted a GF diet on his direct instruction, not because I wanted to.

For me, GF is no "fashion statement". I hope that clarifies.

No I haven't misunderstood @AndBreathe, I hope that clarify's it for you.

bobrobert

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This subject came up last year and it was reported that the NHS was spending £20 million a year. A lot of the members were unhappy when I questioned if it was value for money.