Glyformin 500 Metformin Hydrochloride.

conpa

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My wife and I have been prescribed the above for diabetes type 2. Each film-coated tablet contains: Metformin Hydrochloride BP 500mg imported from a Cyprus manufacturer,
Can we feel assured that these tablets have the right effect for us, please?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Metformin is the drug usually prescribed at the start of diabetes - but it is difficult to say if it is right for you, some people take it and have only benefits, some have dreadful troubles. Read the leaflet enclosed with the tablets.
I took Metformin with Atorvastatin for a few weeks and went through Hell - but that is an extreme reaction.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would you care to share how you were diagnosed and the blood glucose readings that were used?
Makes it easier to see how "bad" your situation is.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh- that was your first message, so welcome to the forum. There is a huge amount of information here, so browse ad lib. Have you been diagnosed for long, the pair of you - and do you follow a low carb diet? (bit of a hobby horse for me - but it works well)

britishpub

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can we feel assured that these tablets have the right effect for us, please?

If they were prescribed by a qualified medical professional, then I am surprised you think anybody on this forum is able to provide a better assurance.

If you have concerns about your prescribed medication it is better to talk to your HCP.

Reactions: DawnOfTheZed