God what a day!!!

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Ok, so I've been asked to work in a different department at where I work, to help with communication, ok great more hours for me(yay). So we go out and to stop a child from putting their hands where they shouldn't I end up being bitten, not the child's fault, as they can't say how they feel. So it broke the skin a very tiny bit, so cleaned it covered it as it's close to my knee cap.(it's a little sore, but hey ho, the nature, of the job :) ).. So accident forms etc, then get a 35 min break(15 mins this morning and 20 mins at lunch, thank god I'm on a pump). So into my next area, get told I should see GP or A&E, due to the bite.. Ok finish at 3.00, shopping then home. Call Dr's got told all on emergency clinic no one to talk to, get told to goto A&E, so I call 111, get told A&E, but I personally think that's an over reaction??. And to top it all tonight was set change night and Christ knows how it happened but I dropped the set and caught it but the needle went into my finger and really made it bleed. Boy what a day, think I need a glass of wine, hopefully tomorrow is better.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Sounds like you've had an awful day Julie:(

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Noble head, tomorrow is another day and can only be better( that's the way I look at, I had a good idea of, the nature of the job, but I love my job and wouldn't change it, it's just a risk :) ). I'm in the same dept tomorrow, but I wouldn't change it for for anything and it's a very small minority that behave like that.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
lol, i had a boss many moons ago that reckoned you have 3 really bad days a year, since then ive always thought about it when i get one and strange as it sounds, there does seem to be something in it lol now ive said it you will notice it, but on the bright side thats only 2 really awful days left this year hehe

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Noble head, tomorrow is another day and can only be better( that's the way I look at, I had a good idea of, the nature of the job, but I love my job and wouldn't change it, it's just a risk :) ). I'm in the same dept tomorrow, but I wouldn't change it for for anything and it's a very small minority that behave like that.

That's good to know Julie, as you say tomorrow is another day :)

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks Andy, yep 2 more days this year :)

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
What a shame Julie.

Andy12345 is just putting the boot in btw. :joyful:

Let's hope yesterday's bad day turns into tomorrow's good day from here on in.

only kidding Andy. :playful:

Best wishes.

willie.

Reactions: 2 people

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
Hope you have a better day tomorrow:)

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thanks guys, I did have a better day, thanks very much. But yesterday was even better as I went into work dressed as Sully, from Monsters Inc and the kids loved it.

popsy

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Crowds of people, my idea of hell would be a huge gathering of any sort!

Heights, scare me to death!
Liars, cheats. poseurs, any kind of violence, thieves and people who take advantage of others.

The way the world is going to hell in a handbasket.

Global warming, the melting ice caps, whaling..I mean what for?!

Cruelty

Having to give up my eat everything philosophy..and I really really dislike consequences.
I had an awful boss years ago, he was so bad we used to joke that if I died he would prop me up against the counter and tell me I wasn't working fast enough ;) So glad those days are behind me.

Yep Julie, do a Scarlet eh? Because after all, Tomorrow is another day! Course you have to use the right accent. :happy:

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
Alternatively you could speak softly and carry a bl@@dy big bat! Lol!