going the gym to lose weight

big_daddy

I've got the membership for the gym now, but its at the university. I've spoken to my dietitian and she thinks that its worth me going to tell my doctor and see what he says about it. She told me that my diet has got to be based around healthy carbs like pasta & oats and told me to create a menu plan to take to my doctor for him to help me out and what input he has on my menu plan.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Hi

Have you managed to lose any weight or cut back on food and alcohol yet?

I wouldn't take what to your dietician says at face value. Have a look at the welcome message that Daisy sends to all new members about the role of carbs. A lot of the NHS diet advice is behind the times.

I've reduced the carbs in my diet and feel loads better, more energy, weight loss, not having 'carb comas' (sleepiness after large meals) and I ate really 'good' carbs brown rice rather than white etc. Now I try to avoid pasta, rice and cereals.

However you go about it weight loss and exercise really help. I used to say that being overweight was fine for me. It wasn't until I lost weigh that I realised it wasn't. It was making me feel bad. I just didn't know.

Cara

big_daddy

carraway said:
Hi

Have you managed to lose any weight or cut back on food and alcohol yet?

I wouldn't take what to your dietician says at face value. Have a look at the welcome message that Daisy sends to all new members about the role of carbs. A lot of the NHS diet advice is behind the times.

I've reduced the carbs in my diet and feel loads better, more energy, weight loss, not having 'carb comas' (sleepiness after large meals) and I ate really 'good' carbs brown rice rather than white etc. Now I try to avoid pasta, rice and cereals.

However you go about it weight loss and exercise really help. I used to say that being overweight was fine for me. It wasn't until I lost weigh that I realised it wasn't. It was making me feel bad. I just didn't know.

Cara

No I haven't yet and its bugging my parents. I've tried cutting back on food, but I always end up overeating. I haven't had any alchohol in a week and that I can do it's just cutting out diet drinks. My family is supportive of my decision as I dropped a stone over the summer by eating what my family ate which consisted of porridge or toast for breakfast, a sandwich or salad for lunch and chips, beans with either a burger, a breaded chicken steak, 2 - 3 sausages, etc.

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
big_daddy said:
No I haven't yet and its bugging my parents. I've tried cutting back on food, but I always end up overeating. I haven't had any alchohol in a week and that I can do it's just cutting out diet drinks. My family is supportive of my decision as I dropped a stone over the summer by eating what my family ate which consisted of porridge or toast for breakfast, a sandwich or salad for lunch and chips, beans with either a burger, a breaded chicken steak, 2 - 3 sausages, etc.

The alcohol is a good start,
Replace the chips with veg, and the breaded chicken with plain chicken next.

Zachary

Hi Big daddy,
Wise decision and wish you luck in your fitness goals. Like to say, in gym the possibilities are endless because advanced quality of gym equipment available helps you to workout on all body parts. So gyms is the ideal place to lose weight, add muscles and tone body.

Last edited by a moderator:

eemojohn258

If you are thinking to join gym for losing weight or make muscular body then it would be good for you because in the gym there you can give tips from your trainer and he will give best advice and you just follow him and sure you will lose weight very soon.