Going to Ireland and other stuff.

Quavers

On Friday I am leaving for Ireland for two weeks :D . I am glad this time because it was lethal last year as I wasn't diagnosed then and the trip was bad there.
I will be taking my insulin in a coolbox and evrything else will be placed in a bag or what ever.
Having Diabetes has been a letdown for me loads :( , I was planning on joining the Marines or something and realised I cant even join the police force so that is a bummer.

Also how can I get a Insulin pump cuz that would be great.

Siobhan

Are you going to Ireland by plane or boat if your going by plane you have to tell the airport you are carrying insulin (if you are taking spares you may have to give them to one of an air hostess to keep in the cabin fridge for the duration of the flight.

chloepo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We are going to Ireland at the end of the month, small world! Whereabouts are you going? We are spending a few days near Waterford then moving over to the west for a couple of days. We are motor biking with a couple of friends, all of us in our fifties so we need regular breaks to stretch our legs and give our b-ms a rest!! Let me know any places you think we should visit as it's our first time. :D

Quavers

Yeh I will traveling by boat as I am scared of planes. I will be staying pretty much on the border in a place called CastleBlaney. There are loads of places to go such as the Giants Causeway but Im not sure how far that will be for you.

ChocFish

Chloepo, try the Ring of Kerry, the most spectacular scenery there, goes from Killorglin and finishes off at Kenmari, follow the N70.

Also just above this is the Dingle Penninsula, thats in Kerry too

Both these are very popular with bikers.

I hope you have lots of fun.

All the best

Karen