GOLDMANS FIELD VISION TEST

pmbdarwen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there anywhere in NW England or nearest that can do this?? I am borderline (ok) with ESTERMANNS and will pay privately to improve my case...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

C

catherinecherub

Hi,

It may mean that you will have to telephone several practices before you can find one to do the Goldman test.

I will bump your post up to see if anyone knows.

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
I would ask at a few Optometrists, and explain why you feel you need it.
I would have though it was a standard test but if not then ask.

martin123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
do gooders
dvla told me they only deal with their apporoved optictions and from mid somer specsavers have won the contract
iam in same position as you but still waiting for my revoke letter bet it wont be long now

pmbdarwen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have emailed Specsavers head office and they said none of their Branches had the equipment!! Have tried Boots today but as yet no reply..., getting frustrated !!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Opalshards

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, thieves, users, cruelty, doing the washing up. Lol
I tried a web search for you and came up blank. Sorry.

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Is it worth a phonecall to Manchester Royal Eye Hospital? - or is it them who have sent you down the Goldmanns route?

http://www.cmft.nhs.uk/royal-eye

and are you definetely borderline with regards to the Estermans?

https://www.gov.uk/current-medical-...nce-for-professionals-vision-chapter-appendix

I have managed to find a list of opticians(PDF/HTML) approved in 2011 that someone had to obtain via a Freedom of Information request!! The list is in the 3rd box down on the screen.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/opticians_on_the_vision_testers

it would appear that opticians are not happy with the awarding of the contract to Specsavers and I might suggest that that the DVLA awarding a contract to a company unable to provide the full service is deliberatly restricting your rights unecessarily - however that one may be one for the solicitors.

hope this helps

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
May I suggest that if you dont get anywhere with the list or Manchester Eye Hospital you could try Moorfields Eye Hospital in London.
At least is it an easy 2.5 hours by train from manchester to London and may be worth the time/investment to keep you on the road.

Good luck