Gone live with insulin

nikkid

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So today I was connected with insulin to my pump. Bloods initially were shocking as I had been told not to inj my long acting insulin the previous evening. Spent most of the day between 16-20mmol/l which is shocking for my normal control. Now got my bloods to a steady 6.8mmol/l and my libre is showing that I am sticking at this.
Been put on a 24 hr basal of 0.4IU of humalog (never used this type of insulin before) and have been told to continue as normal for 2 days before my next appointment.
I may be being a bit keen/am also wanting to get myself into some form of order with my control before going back to work next Monday but when is a sensible time to start looking at basal rates and making adjustments? I know that my levemere can still be in my system for up to 36hours.
Advice much appreciated!

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Just record all your bg results over the next two days and show them to your Consultant/DSN at your appointment, they will advice you when to do some basal testing, also include a night-time test just to be sure you don't go low through the night.

Reactions: 2 people

Diamattic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Congrats!

I go live with saline tomorrow .... Its not as helpful lol

I was told to only inject 50% my normal basal before they actually put insulin in my pump, for the reason you described.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
So today I was connected with insulin to my pump. Bloods initially were shocking as I had been told not to inj my long acting insulin the previous evening. Spent most of the day between 16-20mmol/l which is shocking for my normal control. Now got my bloods to a steady 6.8mmol/l and my libre is showing that I am sticking at this.
Been put on a 24 hr basal of 0.4IU of humalog (never used this type of insulin before) and have been told to continue as normal for 2 days before my next appointment.
I may be being a bit keen/am also wanting to get myself into some form of order with my control before going back to work next Monday but when is a sensible time to start looking at basal rates and making adjustments? I know that my levemere can still be in my system for up to 36hours.
Advice much appreciated!

Good luck and wishing you all the best.

Best wishes RRB