Good Morning all

seanmo41

I am sorry to post a thread, just would like some advice from people who have insight into diabetes.

I am a recently turned 42 year old male, a couple of pounds overweight, who is generally fit and well. About two months ago, i started to feel more lethargic day by day, within an hour of waking up, i would be feeling shattered. This continued and i have had a blood test on Tuesday this week, and the Doc rang me back yesterday stating that my red blood cells were enlarged. He asked me the obvious questions about my alcohol intake and if i was depressed.......my alcohol intake is no different to an average person, but i am feeling stressed rather than depressed due to the worsening symptoms.

This past two weeks I have suffered the following symptoms and they are starting to concern me. My mouth is constantly dry, last night i drank 2 litres of water alone, i am very lethargic, constantly urinating, driving my car is actually quite scary as i tend to lose concentration and then start to panic, my vision is not blurred but i just get moments of feeling like i am going to pass out.

The Doc has booked me in for a routine appointment next Friday but feeling as bad as i do now, i just feel a little concerned as i seem to have got worse over the past 24 hours.
I have also been getting a feeling like needles and pins in my face occasionally, but the past 12 hours they seem more frequent. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

ebony321

Dislikes
Tomatoes, Rude people, Bees!
Hi,

Sounds like your not feeling well at all!!

nobody here can tell you whats wrong, only a medical professional can!!

But i can advise you if it's possible then don't drive until you have been seen by a doctor, or maybe see if someone else could drive for you? better to be safe!!

Have you called your doctor's to see if you can get an emergency appointment? Explain your symptoms and that you don't want to wait a whole week when yu must be feeling so bad!

You can also ring NHS direct for advice if you are worried too.

sounds like your in a catch 22 that feeling stressed about your symptoms might be making them feel worse.

Try get seen to as soon as possible!

good luck!

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
If you are worried that your blood sugars are high, check with you local chemists to see if they do free blood glucose tests, if i remember correctly a few of the bigger ones offered this service at one time.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Going by the symptoms it could be a range of things, not necessarily diabetes.

Try not to get stressed about this until you have seen the doctor as stress often makes perceived symptoms worse.

Sue Morton

Stress will send whatever condition you have up. So as said above try not to stress yourself.

I have a blood condition called polycyctheamia Vera in which the red blood cells are enlarged and a high red blood reading which has almost the same symptons as diabetics. The one difference is the thirst. So when I was getting worse symptons then normal I put it down to my blood condition that my blood reading was high. I was also getting a dry mouth water never quenched my thirst and thought that my age (60) that my salava gland was drying up!! But it turned out that I was diabetic.

I find that stress will put my red blood reading up and also affects my diabetics so do try not to get stressed but if your in conditions that provide stress this is very hard.

The only thing that could help you through to your appointment is to keep an eye on what you are eating until then no chocolate no sweets and tell your doctor that you have stopped eating them if you eat chocolate and sweets - don't know what your eating habits are but if you stop these it might help until your appointment. Try a low-carb diet see if that helps.

In the meantime best of luck
Sue :)