13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
I'm feeling quite poorly William so am just reading my newspaper and popping off and on the forum. Sending some emails - what is called pootering in this area of Scotland. D was kind enough to pass on his cold to me - its strange but this is the only way I have of knowing how he is feeling as he can't tell us of course. I can remember this happening often over the years - me catching his viruses and suddenly realising why he was acting as he was.
I think the Doc will be pleased will your knee? just you rest up today as well and enjoy the enforced relaxation after all of your gadding about this week:D

D

debrasue

I'm feeling quite poorly William so am just reading my newspaper and popping off and on the forum. Sending some emails - what is called pootering in this area of Scotland. D was kind enough to pass on his cold to me - its strange but this is the only way I have of knowing how he is feeling as he can't tell us of course. I can remember this happening often over the years - me catching his viruses and suddenly realising why he was acting as he was.
I think the Doc will be pleased will your knee? just you rest up today as well and enjoy the enforced relaxation after all of your gadding about this week:D
Poor Anna. I'm so sorry you're not feeling well - summer colds really are horrible, aren't they? They seem so unfair, somehow... Sending you big, squishy hugs and my hopes that you soon start to feel better.
xxx

Reactions: 4 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Thank you @debrasue, I haven't walked today, I'm just lying about feeling pathetic and my bloods are all over the place. It's such a fine balancing act keeping the diabetes under control, isn't it? Had a little nap so feeling half-way human again. Hope your day was better?

D

debrasue

Thank you @debrasue, I haven't walked today, I'm just lying about feeling pathetic and my bloods are all over the place. It's such a fine balancing act keeping the diabetes under control, isn't it? Had a little nap so feeling half-way human again. Hope your day was better?
You're right - it is a fine balancing act but I suppose we just have to accept that when we're ill there's not a lot we can do about it. Wrap yourself up in something soft and snuggly and have lots of nice drinks, Anna - you are not pathetic AT ALL!!
Hugs xx

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning everyone. Been raining most of the night here after a glorious day yesterday. Still feeling "fluey" Hope all is well with you all and the dun is shining where you are

Reactions: 2 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Morning all, it's dull wet and grey here in Coventry but I'm in a good mood - the theatre is doing a matinee show of Bugsy Malone and I'm going to be one of the usherettes. I used to love the film when I was little so I'm going to have fun with this :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning, dull here at the mo, I hope you all have that Friday feeling and take care out there :)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Hi Anna , not been on here for a couple of days, sorry to hear you have not been well, sending you hugs .:)

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Good morning all, a wet Lancashire here this morning, but weather forecast says brightening up later and to be a warm and sunny weekend, have a nice day all. :)

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
8/7/16 - Good Morning from a Wet and dull York. Hope everyone is feeling well today and enjoy your daly:). Special hug for @13lizanne who is still poorly:)

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Hello from rainy Central Scotland. No walk yet hoping that the rain gets a bit lighter first. Well, my bloods have been all over the place because of my cold and lack of exercise but yesterday I ate toast for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch because I was lethargic and feeling sorry for myself- And, my fbg was 7.6 this morning. It's usually (4.9-5.2) LCHF does work but if you break the state of ketosis you're back where you started evidently! I'm so mad at myself, I'm also craving carbs this morning. Well, off to start again Greek yogurt here I come ( I want toast)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Hello from rainy Central Scotland. No walk yet hoping that the rain gets a bit lighter first. Well, my bloods have been all over the place because of my cold and lack of exercise but yesterday I ate toast for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch because I was lethargic and feeling sorry for myself- And, my fbg was 7.6 this morning. It's usually (4.9-5.2) LCHF does work but if you break the state of ketosis you're back where you started evidently! I'm so mad at myself, I'm also craving carbs this morning. Well, off to start again Greek yogurt here I come ( I want toast)
Aww sending you hugs Anna, I found myself craving carbs when I was feeling yucky. A didn't help by eating toasted sandwiches every day! Hope you feel better soon xx

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
9/7/16 - Good Morning from a raining York. @13lizanne - sending you big, big HUGS Anna :). Hope Everybody else is well? If not, sending you Hugs too. Enjoy the day folks. :)

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.
Good morning all!! Cambridge is damp, wet but mild. Looking forward to Wimbledon Women's Final today:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

KevinPotts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Unkind people, failure to take personal responsibility.

If you've been in a fat adapted state of ketosis, you'll quickly get back into it.

I measure my blood ketones and stepped out on hols back to .3 (.5 and below is a non-ketone state)...

...didn't take me more than a few days to get bs k to 0.6 which is ketosis...

...and with exercise built this up to .9...

...but getting beyond this is very tough and I haven't done it yet:)

Sent from my iPhone using DCUK Forum

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I've been LCHF since August last year although type 2 since 2006 This is the second time I've had the double whammy of raised bloods through virus/bacteria and coming out of ketosis through carb ingestion I do find the effect immediate where, if I've just eaten too many carbs ( when well) it takes roughly 3-5 days for my bloods to normalise. I don't do the scientific bit @KevinPotts so I can't remember how long it took me to get back into ketosis after illness/naughty carbing last time, but I'll let you know. Thanks for the info though

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Morning, dull and overcast here. Bit tired as my FBG was over 8. Going shopping later. :)

Reactions: 8 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Good morning, rainy Central Scotland again hope that it's better where you are have a lovely day everyone

amgrundy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being bored
Good morning never stopped raining all night a bright morning though now. have a good day everyone. :)