Good News (for a change).

tim32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Had the results of my last HBA1C today. Drum roll please 47, Top end of pre diabetic but down from 74 in Feb and 68 in May. I would like to thank all of you that supported me when i was "Having a Wobble". Now to carry on the hard work and see if i can get the next one below 42.

ShropshireLad

Had my levels tested today after being diagnosed 6 months ago with the previous two readings of 51 and 53. Today it was 36 so all the weight loss (15st 10lbs down to 12st 3lbs and holding) and diet change plus the 200,000 metres of indoor rowing has worked. It's been a journey!

tim32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gives you boost when you get good results, That's some rowing i got up to 1000 meters, it nearly killed me, so i now use a cross trainer can do 1 hour around 11 KM and swim about 1 mile in an hour. not managed both on the same day yet.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant - both of you. And all down to your hard work :D

Reactions: tim32

srobertson06

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cycling, Exercise Classes
Fantastic results - you should feel great about it - I have so far managed to get into pre diabetic since diagnosis so I can appreciate your achievements.

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Had the results of my last HBA1C today. Drum roll please 47, Top end of pre diabetic but down from 74 in Feb and 68 in May. I would like to thank all of you that supported me when i was "Having a Wobble". Now to carry on the hard work and see if i can get the next one below 42.
Very well done!