Good start

olivierm

Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience.

I am a 50 years old man and took on quite a lot of weight as I moved to Dubai from London last summer.
Got diagnosed on Oct 15th 2019 with HbA1c at 9.7%. My weight was 128kgs for 1.88m. My blood pressure 160/90 and my liver was showing fat.
Was put on meds (no insuline) and I started a low carbs diet.
My results last week show an HbA1c at 5.4%, weight 108kgs, blood pressure 130/80 and no more fat in the liver (at least from blood test readings). My doc has halved my meds and promised to stop them completely if my next tests remain good.
I know it is just the first step of a very long and difficult battle for me but just wanted to tell everybody who got just diagnosed not to see this diagnosis as a sentence for life. I really believe this disease is reversible, at least when taken early.

Good luck to all and thanks for forums like this one who gave me the energy to fight rather than accept my diagnosis.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent news well done indeed.

Taking control of your health is a very empowering thing to do.

olivierm

Thank you for your comment.
You are so right. I see your numbers and am really impressed. Just for my info, and please excuse my ignorance, but I thought that the Cholesterol went when weight is lost. It does not seem for you. Is it due to your Keto dieting?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for your comment.
You are so right. I see your numbers and am really impressed. Just for my info, and please excuse my ignorance, but I thought that the Cholesterol went when weight is lost. It does not seem for you. Is it due to your Keto dieting?

These days I'm mainly carnivore but the important cholesterol ratios in my figures Trig/HDL are improving which is what I look at. Total cholesterol is meaningless in my opinion so I don't worry about it and would certainly never medicate it.

Reactions: jjraak

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good job! Keep up the good work!

Trick is to make sure that what ever your doing is sustainable because unfortunately were in this for the long run!

olivierm

Thanks for your explanations bulkbiker. Very helpful. And thanks your kind words snooopy. It is clear that it is a marathon not a sprint for us.