Good surprise after pizza

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
It depends on the time of the month..:p
Aha! So it comes and goes according to the phases of the Mood!! No, it isn't a typo!

M

mist

Aha! So it comes and goes according to the phases of the Mood!! No, it isn't a typo!

Ive said too much already :D

bMNdWUJ2F7yJW.gif

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So I might be the only person in the world without a microwave, never wanted to zap my food - anyone made a fathead pizza with melting the base in the microwave? Would on top of a saucepan of water work?
Yup, a bain marie should work. Don't know how long it will take though...

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
So I might be the only person in the world without a microwave, never wanted to zap my food - anyone made a fathead pizza with melting the base in the microwave? Would on top of a saucepan of water work?
I didn't melt anything. I just mixed it all together and used wet hands to pat it into shape on parchment paper. It turned out fantastic. No microwave involved at all.

Reactions: daisyduck

Geoff-O

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Pizza Express thin crust Americano Hot from supermarket. Add extra fresh tomatoes, bacon, cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan and coarse black pepper topped by some rocket leaves and/or watercress (after cooking). Acceptable rise in BS. I guess it's the thickness of the base that's the problem. There is a pizza place where the bases are paper thin - like chinese pankcakes - with all sorts of strange organic salad/veg goodies on them, and just a smear of tomato paste. Gorgeous. Technically they may not be pizzas....

Reactions: Prem51

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Pizza Express thin crust Americano Hot from supermarket. Add extra fresh tomatoes, bacon, cheese and a sprinkle of Parmesan and coarse black pepper topped by some rocket leaves and/or watercress (after cooking). Acceptable rise in BS. I guess it's the thickness of the base that's the problem. There is a pizza place where the bases are paper thin - like chinese pankcakes - with all sorts of strange organic salad/veg goodies on them, and just a smear of tomato paste. Gorgeous. Technically they may not be pizzas....

Hi Geoff What are Chinese pankcakes .
Forget it I just googled it .

Last edited:

MikeTurin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All I can say is Never Assume that Pizzas are OK unless you have tested at least hourly for the next 12 hours.

I reply to this old thread because you are correct.
Yesterday evening we made at home a pizza "al tegamino" (because havin only a gas oven, you can only make this way) so it had a bog spongy crust, and was made with self raising flour.
BG after two hours was low 4.6 and made me suspicious. At midnight i felt a bit dizzy and decided to re test. 9.6
This morning the fasting BG was still high. 6.2.

Other ingredients were good and fresh and wew only olive oil, basil, tomato sauce and salt, I think the problem was in flour and preparation.

I suspect the kind of topping and the base make a dofference on the effect of pizza so I think it is better to don't eat a lot of it even if home made.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brunneria

NatJS

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diabetes
I had an interesting experience with pizza. I was 5.9 just before, then actually dropped to 5.2 about 45 mins later, which was a surprise. But 2 hours later I was up to 7.3, and probably went higher later - unfortunately I'd just run out of test strips after the 2 hour reading so don't know for sure.