Good website to track carbs?

ceemage

Type of diabetes
Type 2
We've used FatSecret to track our food and weight for a number of years whilst we've been trying to control our weight/diabetes via calorie control.
We've now switched to working on a low-carb diet, but have found that FatSecret seems to be a bit wobbly when it comes to tracking carbs, listing several foods as carb-free when we know that they are not.
Can anyone recommend an alternative food-tracking site that focuses on just carb counting, preferably one with a good database of UK-based foods?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Personally I don't count calories, only carbs. I would not use a database to calculate the carbs. I would look at the back of the packet. Different manufacturers will have different carbs for a similar product. Without counting calories, I have lost 14kg and have reached my target weight.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use the free version of the app Nutracheck to check carb values or supermarket websites, then enter them on my own spread sheet. My son who has been carb counting just for weight loss pays for the premium version and tracks everything on it, he likes it.

Angelofthemarches

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Horrible shoes
I use Carbscontrol app on my phone - you can look some of it up on their database but i look at the back of packets and then log it under Custom foods. This way if there's a regular whole meal I have, I can log the whole thing under Custom foods.
It gives daily, weekly or monthly totals including macro and micro nutrients and you can log your weight too.

Bananas 2

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Insulin
Not exactly a "website" but an app I have been using with great results. We do low-carb, low-GI here, and I have found no other app more accommodating. You do need a full version of Excel, but no real need for Excel skills. Just choose the foods, input weights of the foods in the meal... read the output. You can also design recipes/snack to your own carb and glycemic index specifications.

It tracks macronutriets (carbs, calories, protein, etc) and also very accurately provides meal GI based on food interactions. We get very flat, stable glucose readings as a result. More for cooking at home than for processed foods or restaurants, but very easy to use -- my 11 y/o boy can plan a meal to match his insulin in a minute or two. The database is onboard, so once you DL and activate it, you do not need to be online to use it... and it is speedy fast. Comes with instructions and meal examples within the app.

There is a free demo download at the website www.gly-control.com