Got my pump today!

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have my pump today, there's a lot to take in and get used to!

I've got the accu-chek insight pump. So far so good, my readings aren't too bad but know there's quite a bit of tweaking to do yet over the next few weeks. The main tests are to see if it helps with the dawn phenomenon.

Just hope I get into a new routine soon and remember the important bits lol

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Yay !!!!!!!!!
the next few weeks are a lot of testing -- and speaking with your DSN, and making adjustments to settings.

you can deffo crack that "dawn phenomenon" !! :)

Reactions: Sweetheart66

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I hope it does work with the dawn phenomenon, just need to experiment with cannula sites as well as just rolled over in bed and felt it push! I sure will let you know how I find it!

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
I hope it does work with the dawn phenomenon, just need to experiment with cannula sites as well as just rolled over in bed and felt it push! I sure will let you know how I find it!
It will

Regards

Martin

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Good to hear this, good luck with it and if you need advise there are plenty on here that will help you as best we can :woot:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Had mine 8 months now, had a wobble in the first month as I was still adjusting my settings, which took some time to get right, but would never go back now, takes away the anxiety with injecting, feel more in control, easier to control the highs and quicker to get back in range, don't mind wearing it all as can be hidden in clothing, doesn't interfere with sleep, also get better contact with DSN as we catch up at least once a month to review results, it has changed my life ;)

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well so far so good, had a couple of lows but like said it's early days yet and in my current job I do quite a bit of walking! Apart from that each morning my sugars have been loads better, 1st morning it was 4.1 and this morning it was 8.1! Still getting used to going to the loo as have to take the pump out of the belt holder so it doesn't pull on the cannula but I'm learning lol

rockape37

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Over the top political correctness
Well so far so good, had a couple of lows but like said it's early days yet and in my current job I do quite a bit of walking! Apart from that each morning my sugars have been loads better, 1st morning it was 4.1 and this morning it was 8.1! Still getting used to going to the loo as have to take the pump out of the belt holder so it doesn't pull on the cannula but I'm learning lol
You could wear it in a Spibelt from Funky pumpers or clip it in your shirt pocket feeding the tubing between your shirt buttons.

Regards

Martin

JimC

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Cool cheers for that I will have a look into it