Graham’s Expresso Caramel Ice Cream

Toffer

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I discovered this in Lidl. Surprisingly it is miserly on carbs at just over 8grams per 100 grams, loaded with cream and is quite tasty - more so than Oppo I would say.

And....Mrs Listlad likes it.

There are another 4 flavours in the range.

https://www.grahamsfamilydairy.com/our-products/goodness-ice-cream/espresso-caramel
Trying to get the right information, I notice their website lists the carbs and sugar separately, but don't say "carbs... of which sugar..." like nearly all other food manufacturers' state. So if this is different, it nearly doubles the Carb content - or is it just poor info. Could someone that has seen the real packaging like to fill in? Thanks.

Reactions: Robinredbreast
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have a Lidl near me, a 15 minutes walk, so I might pop down there this morning and have mouch around their freezers.

Reactions: jjraak
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I couldn't find the Grahams Ice cream in Lidl, most of it was Gelletti brand. anyway, the walk did me good.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to get the right information, I notice their website lists the carbs and sugar separately, but don't say "carbs... of which sugar..." like nearly all other food manufacturers' state. So if this is different, it nearly doubles the Carb content - or is it just poor info. Could someone that has seen the real packaging like to fill in? Thanks.
On the very back of my carton of ice cream it said :

Carbohydrates : 8grams per 100grams of ice cream.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I just bought Mrs Listlad a “normal” ice cream.

It listed its product as containing Carbohydrates at 35 grams per 100grams or 29grams per 100ml.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wife's fridge haagen daaz salted caramel only has it as
per 100g...27.8g carb

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Called in again to Lidl. They also had the raspberry ripple and choc mint. So bought Raspberry Ripple and Expresso Coffee again. Have never been too keen on choc mint ice cream.

The odd thing was that the Expresso Coffee had 8 grams of carbs per 100 grams within its ingredients list and the raspberry ripple had 8 grams per 100 ml.

The raspberry ripple was creamy but lacked a fuller raspberry taste. Not bad though.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
For those in France, Carrefours do a Rum and Raisin icecream which claims to be only 7.4 carbs, but now looking again and checking with Google Translate it might also have 4.6g sugar. Good thing I didn't like it at all.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
For those in France, Carrefours do a Rum and Raisin icecream which claims to be only 7.4 carbs, but now looking again and checking with Google Translate it might also have 4.6g sugar. Good thing I didn't like it at all.
I didn’t like the Morrisons version either.