Type 1 Granola bars

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter has just brought home a granola bar from baltezens for me but not sure of the carbs in it. It looks yummy. Does anyone know it's carb content x

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My daughter has just brought home a granola bar from baltezens for me but not sure of the carbs in it. It looks yummy. Does anyone know it's carb content x

If it's not on the packaging, see if they have a website with nutritional info on, or try MyFitnessPal or simply Google.

I've never had that particular cereal bar so can't say. If you can't find out, err on the side of caution and take a small bolus and you can always correct later.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

They can vary enormously. Some have as little as 10g carbs and others up around 35g. Then the more flapjack type ones can be higher again, around 45g.

I tend to look at the bar and see if it looks like others I've eaten. It's wise not to overbolus though, so I test lots after and have more insulin if needed. Bars and cakes can be deceptive.

PansyP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I didn't assign "one size fits all". What I said was "around" and I agree with Azure. Read the ingredients on the manufacturer's website.

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Doesn't say on their website so I'll have to wing it. Probable won't eat it all anyway as it's huge.

Cheers everyone x

Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It probably won't get binned. Kids will have snapped it up by then. Prob have a little tonight x