Greek style yogurt

B17_Fan

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been looking at Greek style yogurts, but there seems to be a lot of sugar in them. Does anyone know if oykos Greek style yogurts are ok?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You want to look for plain Greek style yoghurs, without extra flavours.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A proper Geek yogurt - not a fake one - would be much better. No flavouring, full fat, and plenty of them low carb. I use Fage 5% myself. You can add your own raspberries or strawberries for flavour.

Reactions: Rosie B

maryrachel

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Beetroot
Waitrose Greek yogurt 3.7g per 100g and nicer than Fage.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fage, which is light but lacks a little in flavour.

Brooklea from Aldi is a favourite of mine.

And locally I just bought a 1kg “bucket” of Lancashire Farms Greek style yoghurt. Which is a bit on the thick side but tastes quite nice.

All are low carb. I eat mine with forest fruits with no added sugar.

Attachments

• 3D5679DC-D695-4CD4-ABB5-C2028FD31551.jpeg
    3D5679DC-D695-4CD4-ABB5-C2028FD31551.jpeg
    442.1 KB · Views: 656

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Fage, which is light but lacks a little in flavour.

Brooklea from Aldi is a favourite of mine.

And locally I just bought a 1kg “bucket” of Lancashire Farms Greek style yoghurt. Which is a bit on the thick side but tastes quite nice.

All are low carb. I eat mine with forest fruits with no added sugar.

Did you get that Lancashire Farms one at Asda? If you did then you might find they do a 10% Turkish one in the same chiller - it is gorgeous and has a good long best before life.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you get that Lancashire Farms one at Asda? If you did then you might find they do a 10% Turkish one in the same chiller - it is gorgeous and has a good long best before life.
Not Asda. Morrison’s. I will look out for it in Asda when I am there next.

And the Turkish stuff too.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried the Alpro Soya with Yoghurt Cultures. A miserly 2.1 grams per 100 of carbohydrates?

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Has anyone tried the Alpro Soya with Yoghurt Cultures. A miserly 2.1 grams per 100 of carbohydrates?
Well it isn’t the same as Greek Yoghurt but at 2.1 grams carbs per 100 it is not to be dismissed.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the soya yogurt for desserts, setting it with gelatine or vege gel - I am asked for the recipes these days, as my fame spreads - but really you just need to gather up what you have and experiment a bit.
The coconut flavour soy yogurt with lime and desiccated coconut went down a storm with the vegans/vegetarians.

Reactions: Listlad

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use the soya yogurt for desserts, setting it with gelatine or vege gel - I am asked for the recipes these days, as my fame spreads - but really you just need to gather up what you have and experiment a bit.
The coconut flavour soy yogurt with lime and desiccated coconut went down a storm with the vegans/vegetarians.
Well that sounds delicious. Did you buy it or make it yourself?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well that sounds delicious. Did you buy it or make it yourself?
Just made it myself - finely sliced lime is added to the mixture of yogurt and vege jel whilst still hot, so it is softened and releases the juice and oils from the skin.