Stuff
Green curry paste is okay to have?

Any brand? Type? And coconut milk?

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tried the paste and it made me spike. You could try making your own. Coconut milk is fine.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You'd need to check the sugar and total carbohydrate level I'm imagining each brand will vary.
Try looking at the detailed label on the back and avoid anything with more than 5g of carb per 100g.
You'll be amazed at how many things that knocks out of the trolley.

Reactions: Robbity

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most thai curry pastes have suger in them and come out about 15g carbs per 100g paste
The only way to know for sure if that level of carbs is ok for you or not is to test how your blood sugars respond
There are lots of recipes online for Thai green and red curry pastes which you can tweak to reduce the carb count, there are also many on low carb & keto sites that have already been tweaked

Last edited:

Major Buckmaster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Stuff
Thanks guys. I think I'll make normal curry using spices and add some lime and coconut milk and see how that works!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Green curry paste is okay to have?

Any brand? Type? And coconut milk?

My viewpoint is it depends how much of it you would actually eat at any given time, and what else you are eating at the same time.

To illustrate that, if a food is 10gr carb per 100gr, but a portion is 500gr, that's 50gr of carb.

If something is 50gr carb per 100gr, but a portion would be half or even a whole teaspoon, it's not going to be many carbs per portion.

As I say, you do need to also take into account the other things in the meal.