1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2018 »
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Gtt results 7.8 what does this mean for me and my baby?

Discussion in 'Gestational Diabetes' started by mama_dormer, Apr 30, 2018.

1. mama_dormer

mama_dormer Gestational · Newbie

Hi all,

I have just had the call to say my GTT results are in and a little raised, i have an appointment on Wednesday to see the midwife about it but just wondered if anyone had any info to share before this about what to expect next etc. Any advice welcome, im a little shocked and upset by it all.

Thanks

Helen

2. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi @mama_dormer and welcome to the forum :)

It's a difficult one to answer as until you've had the meeting with your mid-wife and your results have been checked with them then only they can explain the next course of action will be for you, however this really is a borderline result so I wouldn't get too concerned with this. Try not to worry though, getting worried isn't good for you or baby. I was diagnosed with gestational before full blown type 1 when I was 23 weeks in, it was a little late in being diagnosed, think i'd got lost in the system somewhere, but all was ok in the end, I too got a quite worried but still trusted my mid wife and delivered a healthy baby. It's best to see your mid wife first and review your options then, good luck for Weds.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook