Gtt results 7.8 what does this mean for me and my baby?

mama_dormer

Type of diabetes
Gestational
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,

I have just had the call to say my GTT results are in and a little raised, i have an appointment on Wednesday to see the midwife about it but just wondered if anyone had any info to share before this about what to expect next etc. Any advice welcome, im a little shocked and upset by it all.

Thanks

Helen

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @mama_dormer and welcome to the forum :)

It's a difficult one to answer as until you've had the meeting with your mid-wife and your results have been checked with them then only they can explain the next course of action will be for you, however this really is a borderline result so I wouldn't get too concerned with this. Try not to worry though, getting worried isn't good for you or baby. I was diagnosed with gestational before full blown type 1 when I was 23 weeks in, it was a little late in being diagnosed, think i'd got lost in the system somewhere, but all was ok in the end, I too got a quite worried but still trusted my mid wife and delivered a healthy baby. It's best to see your mid wife first and review your options then, good luck for Weds.