ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Have had a bad few months, levels had been high and all my own fault.
I have been put on insulin which has helped a lot. My last hba1c 6 weeks ago was 7.4. The units of insulin have gone down too 15 morning and 10 evening. If my next hba1c stays the same or is lower then I can stop the insulin

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh ally, please don't blame yourself. You have been through so much, it is bound to take its toll. My own levels have risen too, as I battled with a few problems, not nearly as many as you though.

Good luck with doing whatever it takes. :)

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Have had a bad few months, levels had been high and all my own fault.
I have been put on insulin which has helped a lot. My last hba1c 6 weeks ago was 7.4. The units of insulin have gone down too 15 morning and 10 evening. If my next hba1c stays the same or is lower then I can stop the insulin
Ally, I don't know your circumstances but if you have been through a lot then that will reflect in your diabetes control. I can say this through my own experiences over two years ... and which I am only just coming out of. Don't be hard on yourself and take each day as it comes. I made myself very unwell and I do feel that it affects our ability both mentally as well as physically to care for ourselves. I wish you well x

Reactions: JohnEGreen