woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
So I made some fat bombs just now!!

Dear god they are sweet! All I did was lick a bit from my finger and eugh!! So think these will have to be eaten in tiny amounts and the amount of liquid sweetener reduced for future attempts.

It said 1tbsp of sweetner but may try 1/2!!

They are currently chilling in the freezer! I shall post pictures when finished!!

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You really need to watch the sweetening of any recipe as they are normally worked on by people who are not used to the taste of unsweetened foods.
I have found it best to mix up everything but the sweetener and taste, then decide if it even needs sweetening at all. If extra sweetness is required, only add the bare minimum. These days I find things such as beetroot or carrot are sweet.
Hopefully the chilling will reduce the sweetness.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
You really need to watch the sweetening of any recipe as they are normally worked on by people who are not used to the taste of unsweetened foods.
I have found it best to mix up everything but the sweetener and taste, then decide if it even needs sweetening at all. If extra sweetness is required, only add the bare minimum. These days I find things such as beetroot or carrot are sweet.
Hopefully the chilling will reduce the sweetness.

It didn’t!!
I had a nibble and eugh!! Sooo sickly!

I guess that’s kind of good though!
Given the extent of my sugar addiction to find something that is too sweet is kind of good news! Bit of a pain in the bum though

Added orange flavouring and can hardly taste it over sweetner

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It didn’t!!
I had a nibble and eugh!! Sooo sickly!

I guess that’s kind of good though!
Given the extent of my sugar addiction to find something that is too sweet is kind of good news! Bit of a pain in the bum though

Added orange flavouring and can hardly taste it over sweetner
Make another lot, and use a few of the first ones as the sweetening. The overly sweet ones can be gradually used up as they will keep for ages in the freezer.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Make another lot, and use a few of the first ones as the sweetening. The overly sweet ones can be gradually used up as they will keep for ages in the freezer.

Oh you mean let them melt and mix them back in to original mixture just without the sweetner?

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh you mean let them melt and mix them back in to original mixture just without the sweetner?
Exactly.
I am assuming that there is a melt together part of the recipe, so rather than any sweetener just add a couple of the first batch last of all, and stir around until they melt. It might be easier if you take them out still frozen and grate them or chop finely before adding to the mixture.

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Exactly.
I am assuming that there is a melt together part of the recipe, so rather than any sweetener just add a couple of the first batch last of all, and stir around until they melt. It might be easier if you take them out still frozen and grate them or chop finely before adding to the mixture.

I had to melt the coconut oil but otherwise everything was just mix together. I could just heat them in sauce pan one at a time and use one at a time.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to melt the coconut oil but otherwise everything was just mix together. I could just heat them in sauce pan one at a time and use one at a time.
Just add to the melted coconut oil and stir in.