Had My Codefree For 3 Days, Results Seem Odd

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all.

Not sure whether I should be posting this here, or in the low carb diet or the blood glucose monitoring?

Been using my codefree meter for 3 days and the results seem odd.

I've seen the link to blood-sugar-level-ranges and it implies that the reading should be higher after 2 hours of eating.

My diets been basic this week,

Fri, bacon and eggs for lunch, cabbage courgettes, turkey for dinner and sugar free jelly and double cream eaten straight after dinner, and drank water all day.

Sat the same except broccoli instead of courgettes and pork chops instead of turkey.

Sun the same except broccoli instead of courgettes and steak instead of turkey.

Here are my readings

Fri when I got up: 6.2, before lunch: 6.5, two hrs after, 5.6, before dinner 6.0, two hrs after 5.5
Sat when I got up: 6.7, before lunch: 6.4, two hrs after, 6.0, before dinner 6.3, two hrs after 5.6
Sun when I got up: 6.4, before lunch: 6.6, two hrs after, 5.7, before dinner 6.4, two hrs after 5.6

Surely the two hrs after eating should be higher not lower?

Reactions: Rachox

Ojustaboo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
And I really felt like an ice cream and a beer in this hot weather, but I resisted :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

Not sure whether I should be posting this here, or in the low carb diet or the blood glucose monitoring?

I've seen the link to blood-sugar-level-ranges and it implies that the reading should be higher after 2 hours of eating.

Fri, bacon and eggs for lunch, cabbage courgettes, turkey for dinner and sugar free jelly and double cream eaten straight after dinner, and drank water all day.

Sat the same except broccoli instead of courgettes and pork chops instead of turkey.

Here are my readings

Fri when I got up: 6.2, before lunch: 6.5, two hrs after, 5.6, before dinner 6.0, two hrs after 5.5
Sat when I got up: 6.7, before lunch: 6.4, two hrs after, 6.0, before dinner 6.3, two hrs after 5.6
Sun when I got up: 6.4, before lunch: 6.6, two hrs after, 5.7, before dinner 6.4, two hrs after 5.6

Not necessarily the peak in blood sugar as I understand it is usually around one hour after eating, although with your excellent food choices you’re not going to get much of a spike. Remember your liver will chuck out sugar if you’re not eating so that would explain your rise between meals. Then also insulin resistance improves as the day goes on so your lowest readings in the evenings make sense too.

And I really felt like an ice cream and a beer in this hot weather, but I resisted :)

You need to invest in some Oppo ice cream or Breyers high protein choc ices :hungry:

Reactions: Ojustaboo

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

Here are my readings

BG would normally be falling again after two hours and, at least on low carb, be close to what it was before the meal.

Reactions: Ojustaboo

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I eat a low (under 50g a day) carb diet and my post meal glucose levels are generally very close to pre meal or often slightly lower. It depends on how many carbs you eat, and the fewer, the less you're likely to see any spike. Be aware too that meters aren't necessarily 100% accurate and you'll also have different amounts of glucose in your blood so seeing lower levels cetrtainly doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with your results or your meter. Just be pleased with those readings youre actually getting!

Robbity