Had my first appointment with the Diabetic Dietician today!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I only had the egg for breakkfast the rest was later. I've had a fried cod fillet with frozeen mixed veg tonight. Will have another cup of tea later After Dr. Who??

Katharine

Ally, do you think we should start another thread so the project is all in the one place?

Is this table adequate?

Calling anyone who eats 20 g of carb a day or less. ( 20-50g next time !)

user name
weight
usual activity level: total slob/sedentary/active/very active/athletic

meal plan

breakfast

lunch

dinner

bedtime snack

other snacks

Include:

What you ate, how much you ate, carb count if you know it, what you drank, how much you drank, carb/alcohol content if you know it. Remember to add milk in tea/coffee and spreads /oils on vegetables or anything.

Are we all ready to roll?

ally5555

ah hana another thing made in Wales lol

tbh i would find cooking bf difficult the time and i hate a cooked bf makes me feel sick.

Katharine

Right folks, here we go.

I'm going to start a new thread. Project: Nutrient Quest

I will put the information chart on the first post to remind you all of what information is needed.

Please be as accurate as you can. I realise some of you will vary in your carb intakes, mine veers between 35-80g for instance and you may post more than one day if you wish in different categories.

When we have the first four individuals "days" we will move on to the next four.

Those members who eat a liberal or even high carb diet will also be asked to submit their daily rations for analysis, so keep a look out.

See you all on the new thread.

cheerio,

Katharine.

Katharine

That's okay Kate. We can hang on and if no one posts we know that it's not that usual to go below 20g.

I suppose fergus is out catching salmon or shooting reindeer or something and that's why he hasn't posted?

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Aren't reindeer off-season just now? Santa would be most upset if Fergus shot Rudolph! :lol: :lol:

Katharine

Scottishkate,

I've opened up the menus for the 20-50g crew. If you go to the Project: Nutrient Quest (are you getting enough) thread we are ready for your menu.

Sue, fergus is so carnivorous I don't think anything would stop him! Especially after his three glasses of wine.

Trinkwasser

fasteddie said:
My breakfast before diagnosis used to be a big bowl of cornflakes, 4 slices of white toast and 2 big glasses of Tropicana orange juice. I stopped eating my present breakfast because I thought it was unhealthy. The laugh is the present breakfast caused me to loose 4 stone in weight, waist 38 to 32, BG. from 26 to 4.5 and trigs. from 3 to 1.

Kind regards Eddie

Snap! Except I ate Healthy brown toast and often Healthy muesli. Neither of which were. Especially not that orange juice.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I must admit to drinking Tropicana but only about 50ml in the morning to wash down rather large Flaxseed capsules.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Sofaraway
If you use insulin, you have much more freedom than those of us who use orals or diet only.
However, I am convinced ( on the example of my T1 husband) that using a lot of insuin to knock the bgs down leads to problems. I think Bernstei's doctrine of small numbers is the safest way.
I wish I'd known about it many years ago, when T1 was in the early stages and without the multiple complications he has now. It can get very frustrating being married to complications. I'm not so much a wife as a "minder".
I suppose it's in the marriage vows though :?