Hair Loss

nilemthakrar

My daughter is 19 and has been T2 since 2006 (4 yrs ago). She is on novorapid 3 x before meals and Lantus at night. She has recently noticed she is loosing hair and is devastated. Please anyone out there with similar experience help. She is crying every night and has not been sleeping well with worry.

rosgrech

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's difficult but tell her not to worry too much. I faced this exact same problem this time last year - read this link http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes%2Dforum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10657

It DOES get better but it's likely to take about three months before it starts improving again. In the meantime use volume shampoos and volume conditioner, it makes all the difference.

I am bright-eyed and bushy tailed now!! :lol: It IS just a phase your hair can go through. She is unlikely to go bald.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
I've had hair loss too. I was taking Metformin and using dry shampoo a lot. So I've stopped the Metformin (not for that reason though) and stopped using the dry shampoo. I've started taking Priorin even though I think it is rather expensive. Now I'm waiting to see if all this is going to work and will keep you posted :) But I won't know which 'remedy' worked of course!

nilemthakrar

Thanks for your reply. I got worried as no one was replying to my post and started thinking the worst. I will definately chage to the shampoo to volume and see haw she gets on with it. Thanks a lot for the advise.
Rosgrech
Thanks for the link. I have read it and will keep you posted. Althogh she will not join the forum, I will get her to read your posts. Maybe she will see how helpful everybody is, and decise to join.

rosgrech

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
nilemthakrar said:
Rosgrech
Thanks for the link. I have read it and will keep you posted. Althogh she will not join the forum, I will get her to read your posts. Maybe she will see how helpful everybody is, and decise to join.

We won't bite! :lol: We've all "been there" and now we've "done that" so everything you read is down to experience and we're all happy to help (not preach).

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
nilemthakrar said:
My daughter is 19 and has been T2 since 2006 (4 yrs ago). She is on novorapid 3 x before meals and Lantus at night. She has recently noticed she is loosing hair and is devastated. Please anyone out there with similar experience help. She is crying every night and has not been sleeping well with worry.

Not everything is Diabetes related........here is a link to a previous thread where it transpired that the hair loss was due to shampoo/conditioner. Stress too can be a cause, especially if she is getting more worried.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14957&hilit=+hairdresser#p136973

Discuss with your GP if there is no improvement.