Hair So Fine After Having Baby

xkayzx

Hi all,
My baby girl is 15 weeks now, I’ve noticed my hair is so fine and falling out..what vitamins could I take to help?

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I believe vitamin D deficiency is linked with hair loss but you would have to research recommended suppliments. Your pharmacy can probably advise you if it is not serious enough to consult a doctor.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
are you breastfeeding? if so, you choice of supplements could be influenced by that. Its common, for up to 6 months after childbirth, to have thinning hair, especially in such a hot summer where we all seem to be moulting like cats round here. Its probably your hormones settling down but maybe you could have your thyroid levels checked too, just in case they are out of whack right now?

all the best and congratulations.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I lost a lot of hair after my 2nd child was born. I had my hair cut really short until it thickened up again.

Tilly_S

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m 14 months post baby and pregnant again but Hair loss still going strong I did find biotin supplements helped though xx

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’m 12 months post partum I lost loads of hair. I got hairburst vitamins for new mums and it really brought my hair on. Now I have loads of hair growing back on my hairline which I’m delighted about but can be hard to style!! I got them in Holland and Barrett