Half unit dose

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Hi, sometimes I feel that my body is so sensitive to the insulin that being able to take 3 1/2 units would be better than 4, is this thinking down the wrong path?

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Hi, sometimes I feel that my body is so sensitive to the insulin that being able to take 3 1/2 units would be better than 4, is this thinking down the wrong path?

Novorapid before meals, oops

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The Novopen Echo doses in half units and is compatible with NovoRapid, exactly for people like you :)

Reactions: slikwipman

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks,Would you know if I can get this on prescription in the UK
I got 2 prescribed by the DN at my docs (one to use, one spare) for my basal - if one breaks she'll prescribe another to replace it (I use disposable ones for my bolus)

Reactions: slikwipman

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon

I enjoy the flexibility of 0.5 units. And do as you have mentioned frequently. If it works, it works!

Reactions: Rose22

Rose22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is really interesting, I am just over two weeks on insulin and trying to find my way around carb counting (alone first course is December with one place left) as I was finding fixed doses really hard. I think 0.5 unit would be great for me too, as I wonder if I’m in the honeymoon period. See consultant in July will ask about it. Great info thanks all.