1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Halving fasting insulin in 24h

Discussion in 'Fasting' started by Jj.j, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Jj.j

Jj.j · Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. jpscloud

jpscloud Type 2 · Well-Known Member

A great success story, and I love "butter makes your pants fall off" - I may have to steal that phrase for my signature!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lotties

Lotties Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

If you are not eating, you only produce a basal level of insulin. It does reduce your food-induced insulin release by 50% as you are only eating less than half the time.
    I also like the site having known about it for several years but only bit the low carb bullet in the last few months.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook