Type 2 Happy!

connie104

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been to the glaucoma clinic today at my new hospital and after a 3 hour appointment and a very thorough check up I've been told that the previous diagnosis was wrong and I do not have glaucoma in both eyes which meant I could no longer drive but only one and no reason why I cannot continue driving . I feel like I have been given my right arm back after 2 years of not driving and having to rely on my husband to transport me everywhere. It appears I only had slightly raised pressure in one eye that has since gone back to normal.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been to the glaucoma clinic today at my new hospital and after a 3 hour appointment and a very thorough check up I've been told that the previous diagnosis was wrong and I do not have glaucoma in both eyes which meant I could no longer drive but only one and no reason why I cannot continue driving . I feel like I have been given my right arm back after 2 years of not driving and having to rely on my husband to transport me everywhere. It appears I only had slightly raised pressure in one eye that has since gone back to normal.

What fabulous news, Connie. Obviously not that someone was overly enthusiastic with their diagnosis, but that you can get back to living a more liberated life.

Does your husband realise he is a car down? I bet he'll not be able to prize you from behind the wheel. :)

Reactions: connie104

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fantastic news. Really pleased for you. My mom does not drive and I know just how much that costs her in terms of reduced independence, especially now my dad is no longer around to drive her where she wants to go.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Diabetes.co.uk Forum mobile app

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

That's great news. You must feel so good about that. :)

dbr10

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Excellent news.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fantastic congrats. I too was unable to drive for two years when first diagnosed with MG because of the way it messed up my vision so I know just how happy you must be feeling now. As I was the only driver in the family it made things quite difficult.