Happy

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I was diagnosed in July I started LCHF. Although my BG levels immediately began steadily declining I lost no weight for two months.

I seem to lose weight in bursts. After a very slow start I'm now down 10.2 kgs or 22.4 pounds or 1.6 stone. Seven of those pounds have been in the past two weeks, hence the "burst" or "whoosh" effect.

Just had to share because it was very frustrating those first two months!

Reactions: Prem51 and briped

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Congratulations, @neithskye. As they say, good things come to those who wait. Now your wait (weight) is less.
Enjoy the victory and now the challenge is to keep flying 'in the zone". :):):)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news well done you! and also well done for sticking to the plan even when not getting quite the immediate results you hoped for.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was diagnosed in July I started LCHF. Although my BG levels immediately began steadily declining I lost no weight for two months.

I seem to lose weight in bursts. After a very slow start I'm now down 10.2 kgs or 22.4 pounds or 1.6 stone. Seven of those pounds have been in the past two weeks, hence the "burst" or "whoosh" effect.

Just had to share because it was very frustrating those first two months!

Thanks for posting this neithskye. It'll serve well to encourage others with similar metabolisms to your own in future, and more to the point, well done for sticking to things, when it seemed like nothing was happening.

neithskye

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for posting this neithskye. It'll serve well to encourage others with similar metabolisms to your own in future, and more to the point, well done for sticking to things, when it seemed like nothing was happening.
Yes, I lost nothing for two months, lost several pounds over two weeks, lost nothing for the next 1.5 months, rinse and repeat. Here is an excellent article describing the "whoosh" effect.

https://lowcarbkitchen.us/the-whoos...and-losing-weight-dont-happen-simultaneously/

Reactions: Prem51