1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Happy

Discussion in 'Weight Loss and Dieting' started by neithskye, Nov 22, 2018.

1. neithskye

neithskye Type 2 · Well-Known Member

When I was diagnosed in July I started LCHF. Although my BG levels immediately began steadily declining I lost no weight for two months.

I seem to lose weight in bursts. After a very slow start I'm now down 10.2 kgs or 22.4 pounds or 1.6 stone. Seven of those pounds have been in the past two weeks, hence the "burst" or "whoosh" effect.

Just had to share because it was very frustrating those first two months!

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  2. zand

zand Type 2 · Expert

Yay! Well done! I'm really pleased for you. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. kitedoc

kitedoc Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Congratulations, @neithskye. As they say, good things come to those who wait. Now your wait (weight) is less.
    Enjoy the victory and now the challenge is to keep flying 'in the zone". :):):)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

Brilliant news well done you! and also well done for sticking to the plan even when not getting quite the immediate results you hoped for.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for posting this neithskye. It'll serve well to encourage others with similar metabolisms to your own in future, and more to the point, well done for sticking to things, when it seemed like nothing was happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. neithskye

neithskye Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Yes, I lost nothing for two months, lost several pounds over two weeks, lost nothing for the next 1.5 months, rinse and repeat. Here is an excellent article describing the "whoosh" effect.

https://lowcarbkitchen.us/the-whoos...and-losing-weight-dont-happen-simultaneously/

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lizzy_Lipstick

Lizzy_Lipstick · Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook