1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Hard skin on feet

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Peadair O Brionn, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Peadair O Brionn

Peadair O Brionn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I’ve noticed that I’ve a cut on the bottom of my little toe , it’s from some hard skin that has split and it’s very sore and in a place that’s hard to heal . Does anyone know what is the best stuff to use to heal this up . I’m a bit concerned that it will get worse or maybe infected

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I suggest you make an appointment with your diabetes nurse at your GP's surgery to check it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

Yes, get it looked at. Better safe than sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Kittycat_7_

Kittycat_7_ Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hope your foot will be okay, she might refer you to a chiropodist hopefully.

5. HSSS

HSSS Type 2 · Expert

Til you can get to see her, clean it gently and cover it with a snug but not tight plaster. It’ll hold the edges together which will help healing. In future flexitol cream is great. I’ve had disgusting hard cracked skin on my heals for nearly 30 yrs and if it’s related to diabetes, which I’m not sure it is, it would definitely have been the first physical sign by a long long way. This stuff is one of the few things that help prevent it so long as I use it regularly. You can get it on prescription in stronger % and big tubes

6. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

Petroleum jelly and socks help prevent and soften the skin when you do get cracks so they can heal.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook