Hard skin softener

Tootse

When the diabetic nurse checked my feet she remarked on the hard skin. So when I was in Superdrug the other day wondering what to spend my voucher on, I saw a hard skin softener cream which I bought.

Later when reading the leaflet I saw 'not suitable for diabetics'. Does anyone here know why?

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sorry I've no idea why that would be, I use Intensive Rescue - Vaseline Moisture Locking Body Lotion, unfragranced (cos I'm a geezer) Its cheap and seems to work very well :thumbup:

3271509.jpg

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Will try that Vaseline one - thanks. :thumbup:

Elc1112

I've found that a lot of hard skin products have 'not suitable for diabetics' on the back. Anything which involves sanding etc your feet is appararently not suitable as diabetics often have poor sensation in their feet. I have full sensation so still use them.

As for creams, it could just be because of the whole diabetics and feet issues. To be honest, I'd still use it, as long as your feet are ok.

C

chris lowe

As long as you've still got good feeling in your feet I would say use it. The problems come when you have reduced feeling and start to pumice away the hard skin and wouldn't realise if you've gone too far. Most things these days say "not suitable for diabetics" even my little TENS machine that I use for back pain. :thumbup:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Tootse said:
Later when reading the leaflet I saw 'not suitable for diabetics'.

I wouldn't use it without checking first with your GP, Pharmacist or Podiatrist, the Flexitol that oakdaledave mentions is very good and is safe for diabetic feet, my own Podiatrist recommended this product to me a few years ago.

Tootse

I can understand a pumice, or a pod egg, especially if the feeling in the feet is diminished. But skin softening cream? Even if you can't feel anything, what's the worst an over the counter skin cream do?