hartleys sugar free jellies

ronjo94

Hi all. I note that a few people mentioned the need for sugar free yoghurt. I make my own from Easiyo sachets. The unsweetened one called Bio Skimmers is the one that I use and is £9.99 for six sachets from Lakeland. Each sachet makes 1 litre of yoghurt. The initial outlay for the kit to make the yoghurt is around £11 and after this all you need is water. This makes a very nice thick creamy product to which I sometimes add a desert spoon of Splenda to sweeten. The sugar quoted on the package is 7g per 100 ad this is naural sweetness from the milk solids from which the yoghurt is made. The made up product keeps for 2 weeks in the 'fridge and I use 5 plastic pots per litre to store in the 'fridge. Try it

lin51

Re:sugarfree yoghurts

Hi everyone this is my first time on this website, diagnosed with type 2 Sept 2009. Someone was asking about sugarfree yoghurts, Shape have a new one out called Zero, they are fantastic. I love yoghurts but haven't been able to have them since being diagnosed. Now I have them when I want to.These yoghurts are also low in fat. Most supermarkets sell them I use Morrisons, Asda and Tesco.
Hope you enjoy them. lin51. :D :D

jfairy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
rude people who show no respect to people in wheel chairs
Have not posted for a while ! Tesco and sainsbury sell Diet Irish Yoghurts , no added sugar. carbs are 9g , fat o.1g and 54 cal . Hope this helps ! :D

sue32

Dislikes
false people
Yes, I've also tried the Irish farm sugar free yogurts from Sainsbury's. Trouble is they don't sell them in my local store, only online. My local Sainsbury's doesn't sell any sugar free yogs at all!! Mind you. I could actually ask them why they don't couldn't I?? Silly me!!! :shock: :shock: And I can only get Shape Zero online from ASDA. What is it with these people?? Are they all trying to get us on sugar overload???

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I often buy a plain natural yoghurt and then sweeten it myself by adding honey or maple syrup. There's another syrup I use too, it's in the natural food section of Tesco and it's called Agave syrup. By adding the sweetener myself I can control how much sugar goes into the serving. Doing it this way makes it way less sugary than buying the kids snack size yoghurts which are high in sugar. Jess doesn't like her yoghurt too sweet, just a little to take the edge off the natural taste. The Perle de Lait natural yoghurt has a carb content of 5.1g per 100g and is quite a nice tasting yoghurt on it's own if you don't want to add any sweetener to it.