Has any particular food made you vomit!

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
Not strictly speaking a food, but..
Chewing gum or bubblegum. Threw up with both when I was a kid, and sitting near someone who's chewing away makes me want to hurl.

One thing I can't tolerate because it makes me squeamish is fat on meat, that includes crispy skin on chicken. Ewww yuk! Yh, I know, but what can I do? lol

Reactions: 2 people

CollieBoy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi carb Foods
Month old salmon paste from the fridge (that would be the food poisoning)
Sorry, couldn't resist the reply!
Seriously Tripe & Onions!

Reactions: 4 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Month old salmon paste from the fridge (that would be the food poisoning)
Sorry, couldn't resist the reply!
Seriously Tripe & Onions!
My dad had this every Tuesday evening. He loved it!
I played out, no matter the weather!

soroba1951

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people!
I know it is good for you, but liver does it for me! Hubs loves it so I stand baulking at the sight and smell of it. Needless to say, he doesn't get it all that often and he can't cook!

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Yep, Mexican food. Cast iron stomach, but that stuff makes me throw up. Simply the smell of it makes me sick.

Medusa41

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had an unpleasant experience after mascarpone this yr! I seem to be ok with it in things such as the low carb walnut scones but I greedily added 2 huge spoonfuls. Let's just say had to make a hasty retreat to the loo (at the inlaws) where I was 'ill' both ends!!!

Reactions: 5 people

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've got a cast-iron stomach but my wife loathes cheese - the sight, smell or even mention of it starts her retching.

She says it began when she was in The Brownies (aged around 8, in the late 60s). Never a lover of cheese, she'd stopped eating it at home but had forgotten to get her mum to write a note to that effect for 'Brown Owl', when they all went off for a jolly 2-day camp in the local woods.

The cold evening meal comprised, among various salady things, great lumps of cheese.

My wife: 'Sorry Miss, I can't eat cheese'.

Brown Owl: 'If you've not got a note from your parent, you eat everything at my camp.'

My wife: 'But miss, it makes me ill'

B.O: 'Nonsense, it's very good for you. Wholesome and builds strong bones. Now get it down you.'

With that, my wife was made to stand in front of the B. Owl and eat the cheese, largest chunk first, surrounded by the rest of the girls at the camp, who were told to stand in semicircle around them both. She managed a mouthful before throwing-up seemingly everything she had eaten and drunk that day, all down the front of Brown Owl, in a projectile vomiting session that she says makes the 'Little Britain' sketch look like a minor burp.

She was immediately sent home for showing "disrespect to Brown Owl" and never went back to the Brownies again.

Strange times, I think .......

Reactions: 8 people

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I've got a cast-iron stomach but my wife loathes cheese - the sight, smell or even mention of it starts her retching.

She says it began when she was in The Brownies (aged around 8, in the late 60s). Never a lover of cheese, she'd stopped eating it at home but had forgotten to get her mum to write a note to that effect for 'Brown Owl', when they all went off for a jolly 2-day camp in the local woods.

The cold evening meal comprised, among various salady things, great lumps of cheese.

My wife: 'Sorry Miss, I can't eat cheese'.

Brown Owl: 'If you've not got a note from your parent, you eat everything at my camp.'

My wife: 'But miss, it makes me ill'

B.O: 'Nonsense, it's very good for you. Wholesome and builds strong bones. Now get it down you.'

With that, my wife was made to stand in front of the B. Owl and eat the cheese, largest chunk first, surrounded by the rest of the girls at the camp, who were told to stand in semicircle around them both. She managed a mouthful before throwing-up seemingly everything she had eaten and drunk that day, all down the front of Brown Owl, in a projectile vomiting session that she says makes the 'Little Britain' sketch look like a minor burp.

She was immediately sent home for showing "disrespect to Brown Owl" and never went back to the Brownies again.

Strange times, I think .......

Great story,
The thought of 'you know what is best for you!' Syndrome!
Did Brown owl get thrown out of the Gestapo for bad behaviour?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Family%20Roast.ashx
This product made me violently ill, vomited 3 times on a Sunday night and the next day I still felt unwell, queasy and delicate. My teenager was fine, but neither of us have eaten it again.:stop::facepalm:

vxrich

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So true! Can remember my mum serving me some mashed potato with the same spoon that she'd served some sprouts, unfortunately the spoon had a bit of a sprout leaf on it. Let's just say it got messy and kinda ruined Xmas dinner!

2131tom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great story,

Did Brown owl get thrown out of the Gestapo for bad behaviour?

Not that we're aware. But in the age when teachers used to throw wooden blackboard rubbers at you, hard, for being 'naughty' in class, I wouldn't expect so.

Reactions: 3 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
There is no way I could vomit with sprouts as I couldn't put them anywhere near my mouth!(Yuk!)

My teenager and I like sprouts, really we do :)
If it's things that we dislike/hate with a passion, then it would have to be tripe............... disgusting smell coming from the kitchen when I was a teenager, my mum cooking it for my dad :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::inpain:

Reactions: 4 people

soroba1951

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people!
My teenager and I like sprouts, really we do :)
If it's things that we dislike/hate with a passion, then it would have to be tripe............... disgusting smell coming from the kitchen when I was a teenager, my mum cooking it for my dad :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck::inpain:
I just love sprouts. Favourite vegetable and in fact, are on the menu tonight! Hate the sight and smell of salmon. Yuk!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I just love sprouts. Favourite vegetable and in fact, are on the menu tonight! Hate the sight and smell of salmon. Yuk!

My child ( when she was in Junior school) was quite annoyed with the school Christmas dinners, because they would not serve sprouts, because of the noisy and sometimes stinky aftermath amongst the children. The most sprouts she has eaten is 16 :hungry:

Last edited by a moderator:

philchap1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Stuffed mushrooms, to rich, made me quite ill and I can eat most things, feel sick if I see them now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
How could I forget gluten, wheat, barley, rye and oats they make me vomit and I feel very, very sick ( I forgot about being Coeliac, doh, a diabetes moment ) :wideyed: o_O