Has anyone experienced going into natural labour?

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hey ladies,

So I’m due to be induced in one week!! I’ll be 37 weeks, the same as what I was with my son.
I hated being induced .. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has gone into natural labour?

I’m getting ALOT of Braxton Hicks to the point where I rang the labour ward last night. I’m so uncomfortable and a lot of people think the baby could come soon .. ( I doubt it )

Iv been told I can pump to get breast milk out from 36 weeks, if your body’s ready for labour it can help induce you apparently!!

Xx

Reactions: Happyhomelands

Happyhomelands

Hey ladies,

So I’m due to be induced in one week!! I’ll be 37 weeks, the same as what I was with my son.
I hated being induced .. I just wanted to know if anyone on here has gone into natural labour?

I’m getting ALOT of Braxton Hicks to the point where I rang the labour ward last night. I’m so uncomfortable and a lot of people think the baby could come soon .. ( I doubt it )

Iv been told I can pump to get breast milk out from 36 weeks, if your body’s ready for labour it can help induce you apparently!!

Xx
Yes and a long induction too, although I preferred the natural birth all 3 births were magical and unique to me. You are in exciting times, take time to enjoy these few days and possibly rest. Not long now xxx

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes and a long induction too, although I preferred the natural birth all 3 births were magical and unique to me. You are in exciting times, take time to enjoy these few days and possibly rest. Not long now xxx

Are you type 1?
I would just love to go into natural labour and let my body do it I do think it’s unlikely though x

Happyhomelands

Are you type 1?
I would just love to go into natural labour and let my body do it I do think it’s unlikely though x
Sorry type 2 with
gestational diabetes. Hopefully some type 1s will join in. What does your consultant think? I know mine just smiled when I presented my birth plan. He turned out to be wonderful so I have no complaints.

Madelinelowery

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry type 2 with
gestational diabetes. Hopefully some type 1s will join in. What does your consultant think? I know mine just smiled when I presented my birth plan. He turned out to be wonderful so I have no complaints.

They have said there’s a small chance I’ll go into labour but doubtful, it’s my second baby so I’m kinda hoping being induced won’t be as bad and as long this time! X

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had both natural spontaneous labours, and inductions. But I am a type 2. Can I help, or are your questions T1 specific?

kitty55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Spiders
I refused induction as I couldn't find any up to date figures and facts as to why it is so much safer and better apparently. I went into labour naturally at 40+2. I was monitored every day from 40 weeks onwards. Baby came via emergency section at 40+4 but that's was a different issue we had and nothing to do with diabetes (he was in an awkward position and couldn't in fact pop out on his own). They can't force you to have an induction - it's your body, baby and in the end your choice. Good luck! xx

Reactions: asyarlk

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you type 1?

Retired Midwife here. It’s up to you to decide what you want to do. The hospital staff can only advise you, they cannot force you. It saddens me greatly that they have not empowered you to decide on what you do with your body and your baby.

There are poor outcomes with routine induction and poor outcomes with waiting for labour, it’s up to you to decide which set of chances you want to take.